It'll eat me alive if I don't go ahead and say it.... (1 Viewer)

i have a friend charles smith aka charlie and he hates it when people call him smitty or chaz he always gets all freaked out and i tell him to relax:D people just do that to some people i guess?
i mean somebody you never met comes up you tell them your name and 5 minutes later the are calling you chuck or smitty ? never did understand that.
Never liked Chazz either. Always sounded like a bad, Vegas lounge act to me. :eek: Chuck, Charlie, or even Smitty are okay. None of them are the worst thing I've ever been called. :eek: :D

i have a friend charles smith aka charlie and he hates it when people call him smitty or chaz he always gets all freaked out and i tell him to relax:D people just do that to some people i guess?
i mean somebody you never met comes up you tell them your name and 5 minutes later the are calling you chuck or smitty ? never did understand that.

Must be a psycho-disorder or something. A certain percentage of the population INSISTS on calling me "Ronnie."

Oh great....Now it's gonna look like I made up my name:p I knew I shoulda used an alias.

Yeah, just my luck. I use the "Smith, Brown, or Jones" analogy and all three are here already! At least your first name doesn't start with the same letter as your last. I've heard that someone trying to make up an alias quick will also do that, such as "Steve Smith, Billy Brown, Jimmy Jones," etc.

Hey QuillHill,

I always wondered what your screen name was about? Should have been smart enough to figure the quill part out.

I'm the artist (not much of one) formerly know as Drag_fan_too, in case you are wondering, and my wife's maiden name was Chris Hill, so she can relate to you I'm sure. She liked having such a short name although can't speak for whether she always liked having Hill for the last name. She had to think awhile about changing it believe me. Another coincidence is one of my brothers married a Kris, and he met her around the same time I met my wife so we have both spellings in the family now. Can you say konfusing?

Anyway, welcome back to the 'Mater, as in the New Nitromater.

~Kurt
_____

Aka: Drag_fan_too

Oooh, yes, see you prove my point...darn it. Girls named Kris/Chris are always interesting. I can imagine how fun Thanksgiving must be ... you don't even have a last name to differentiate! You probably have people calling your wife, "Kurt's Chris..."
My best friend's family still calls me Kris Nichols...they've still not adjusted to my married name. My best friend has a younger brother named Christopher, whom of course, everybody calls Chris. My buddy, Mike, his brother Chris, and his other brother Clint share a house, so whenever I'm over there, I'm still Kris Nichols. Ah, well, they've known me since I was 11...what can you do?

Oh, the nickname, yes, people sometimes think I have a porcupine fetish, but in fact as a writer I have a pen fetish. ;) I have a tattoo of a quill pen in an ink well on my right shoulder -- hence quillhill.

Before I got married, my internet handle was nickel...with my maiden name being Nichols, I was called Little Nickel or Nickels, Quarters and Dimes. In fact, I still have my old e-mail address from college, which was [email protected]. It's still active, though I never check it. And I graduated from college six years ago!

Although, my buddy Mike used to call me Four-Door, but that's another story for another time.

This thread has indeed been interesting. You all know more about me than you probably ever could have cared to...lol.

Yeah, just my luck. I use the "Smith, Brown, or Jones" analogy and all three are here already! At least your first name doesn't start with the same letter as your last. I've heard that someone trying to make up an alias quick will also do that, such as "Steve Smith, Billy Brown, Jimmy Jones," etc.

Hey Ron...every noticed that you're a RD and I am a DR......that mean we're related?:eek: :D

Well........I finally made it on here! Everybody knew my Name for the longest time. Real names wouldn't have made a difference in my case.:p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back