It'll eat me alive if I don't go ahead and say it.... (1 Viewer)

Nitrohaulic

Nitro Member
Can I just respectfully mention an observation without anyone taking it as bashing? (might as well make the first borderline controversial post!) I bet that I may be the first one to mention it but, not the first one to notice. We obviously don't have a lot of Smiths, Browns, or Joneses here! :) Is this particular to drag racing, or does this just more reflect the makeup of our country? I'm sure there's no way to really know the answer to that. I can't be the only one working my way though who's thinking "Wow! THAT'S their name!"

This getting used to names business is already a little weird! I hope that a lot of you do put your old screen names in your signatures so we can still mentally cross reference for now. It's interesting, anyways. I'm sure it'll eventually be as normal to us as knowing each other by screen name has been. At least now when we meet each other at the track, we won't have to know everyone by TWO names.

Last edited:
So you really expect to find a name much more common than Bob Miller? I'm somewhat uncommon, I've been told, though.

Hey, my maiden name is Jones.....does that count? I've always felt like a Jones more than the other two names I've carried anyway. :D

Dittos what others said on welcoming you back. Missed ya, fella. I sat on the outside trying to get into this place since yesterday, otherwise I would have been the one saying what Kelly did, that your avatar is "kind of" a giveaway! :)

Hey, my maiden name is Jones.....does that count? I've always felt like a Jones more than the other two names I've carried anyway. :D

Anytime I've ever e-mailed you, I always think of a boxer!

LOL, I've always remembered "Smith, Brown, or Jones" because it was advice given to me from criminal when I was teenager. They said to never give a cop any of those names as an alias because they'll KNOW you're lying!

On this new names thing, I had an idea and posted it over on the questions thread. Have a look and let me know what you think.:)

Yes, and I've wondered how you pronounce half of them. At nitrosource we had a thread going for name pronounciation but I guess nitrosource isn't running?

Yes, and I've wondered how you pronounce half of them. At nitrosource we had a thread going for name pronounciation but I guess nitrosource isn't running?

I think Nitrosource is gone. It appears that there is going to be just this place, now that we have the real name register deal working. No real need for both any longer, in my opinion. We'll see.:) Let me try this..... (like hunt) Munt -a- fare-ing

Last edited:
I think Nitrosource is gone. It appears that there is going to be just this place, now that we have the real name register deal working. No real need for both any longer, in my opinion. We'll see.:) Let me try this..... (like hunt) Munt -a- fare-ing

See, now I would have pronouced the "fare" as "fur."

Yeah, the more people join, the more names I'm seeing that I'd hate to have to take a stab at in front of them. :) Hey, I always thought I had a weird last name. A lot of you people are making me feel good!

I still use Smith Brothers cough drops, my wife has Brown eyes, and I am always jonesing for the track. ;)

Mine's easy...well at least to me it is.

Dee-Jiddy-Oh ... now say it a bit faster....you got it!!

BTW..it's Italian and means "Good looking man":D

You were one of that half that I could figure out!!

Jaramillo is easy if you are familiar with the spanish alphabet. The easiest way, but not quite correct, is har-ah-me-yo. More correctly, you roll the r, so it sounds almost like a d, but still an r if that makes sense.

There is another racer who pronounces it Jar-A-Mill-oh.

Last edited:
Well... I finally made it in to the new Mater. I guess we needed someone to help skew the common name indicator, right??
:p

So, I wonder what's going to happen when Jerrod and Shannon get an application for membership from someone with the same name as an already-existing member like Paul Miller or Doug Palmer (for instance)?

I must admit that I've seen some interesting last names on here!

With a last name like Panuzzo you can imagine the problems we have when we go to a restaurant for dinner.. soooo I always use my Wife Madin name Vitti .. They CAN'T screw that one up... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back