is the high elevation really that bad at Bandimere? (1 Viewer)

Gawwwd I miss Foat Wurth!!!! I sincerely wish each and every one of you could try Lone Star Beer.... oh, it's to die for!!!
Here in Colorado right now you can only buy nearbeer on Sunday in the grocerey; Liquor stores are closed on Sundays.... an idiotic law that's been in effect forever, but thankfully just got voted and overturned. So soon we will be able to buy liquor before the Broncos games!!! Yayyy!

So now you also understand why Coors Light was invented - because it's meant to be drank at a mile above sea level.

Well, just to throw my hat into the ring, ALL beer bought in ALL places in good ol Nebraska is of the 6% version! See, there are some advantages to living in the middle of the country (AND the middle of nowhere!!!) Heck we can even buy beer in grocery stores now!!:D

Gawwwd I miss Foat Wurth!!!! I sincerely wish each and every one of you could try Lone Star Beer.... oh, it's to die for!!!
Here in Colorado right now you can only buy nearbeer on Sunday in the grocerey; Liquor stores are closed on Sundays.... an idiotic law that's been in effect forever, but thankfully just got voted and overturned. So soon we will be able to buy liquor before the Broncos games!!! Yayyy!

So now you also understand why Coors Light was invented - because it's meant to be drank at a mile above sea level.

I love me some "Foat Party Wurth"!!!

The only problem is that the Mayor is a boob!!!:eek:

Yeah, but do they lock the beer coolers on Sunday??:D

And out here in Caleefornia, we can buy the good stuff right in the grocery store....some tekilla, whiska, and all that other licker!!:D
Nope! No locking of the coolers on Sunday. Only if the town has an ordinance against Sunday sales passed by..ahem...an undoubtedly Republican city council!!!:D

Nope! No locking of the coolers on Sunday. Only if the town has an ordinance against Sunday sales passed by..ahem...an undoubtedly Republican city council!!!:D

:D:D

We were in Kentucky back in 2000, and I tried to order a Bud Light at Texas Roadhouse....she said they didn't have that, so I tried to order a Coors Light...then she informed me they didn't serve alcohol, it was a dry county...WTF......I didn't even know such a thing existed anymore!!!

A high volume liquor store owner told me the other day he would have limited Sunday hours. Something like 11:00 to 5:00.

At the risk of bringing the thread back to the original question. . .
May I point out that the altitude at Bandimere's is the same in both lanes?
Cheers.

At the risk of bringing the thread back to the original question. . .
May I point out that the altitude at Bandimere's is the same in both lanes?
Cheers.

Yes, but the pits and the track are not at the same altitude, which makes for a pain the ass when trying to make the weather station data reach the staging lanes when your weather station box is .75 miles away.

Although once you figure that what changes up there, changes down there, it's no big deal but when your pagers cant get pagers...Oy! :rolleyes:

We bring beer & wine from Texas and it has a larger percentage of alcohol than Colorado beer. It is only 3.2% alcohol in the Rocky Mountain state. The first time I went there, I was thinking........"this wine doesn't work like this on my head in Texas!" then I finally figured it out that it is the altitude that delivers the kick in the pants!
You can buy regular beer at Liquor stores at home, the 3.2 stuff is sold in the grocery/convienence stores.

S/F
D

The liquor stores in Oklahoma can sell 6% but it's got to be at room temperature. WTF? In convenience stores it's 3.2%. My cousins are always asking me to bring 6% beer up to the family reunion. Wait! Isn't that bootlegging? ;)
That has to be one of the weirdest liquor laws in the country, blew me away the first time I went to Noble.

Something most folks don't know is, 6 point is hardly ever close to 6% alcohol by weight. I owned a bar 25 years ago, and an industry trade magazine would routinely test the alcohol content of different domestic brewers' 3.2 vs 6. Michelob had the highest top end - their 3.2 was 3.2 and their 6 was 3.6 to 3.7. Most brewers' 3.2 was 2.9 to 3.2, and their 6 was 3.2 to 3.5. Some brewers' beer packaged in both varieties came out of the same barrels! Imported beers sold in bars and liquor stores in Colorado usually have a higher percentage, some much higher. "Ice" beers, same thing, and they'll usually show the percentage on the packaging.

Colorado liquor laws are a constantly evolving animal. When I owned my bar, pick'em up after last call on Sunday was midnight, 2:00 a.m. every other night. That changed and now Sunday is like any other day of the week. You couldn't open a bar for liquor service until the polls closed during a general election. That's changed. If you advertised a particular beer on the outside of your building, you had to have that brand for sale inside in both draft and bottles. I don't know if that has changed or not, but I thought it was a weird law. And if the truth be told about liquor stores being able to sell on Sundays in Colorado starting July 1st, it was a counter-measure put forth by liquor store trade groups when supermarkets were trying to get a bill passed allowing them to sell all forms of full strength alcohol 7-days-a-week.

Back to the topic of the thread. I live at an elevation about 400 feet higher than the elevation at Bandimere (have since 1965). I can get a good buzz on with 6 or 8 beers at home. At sea level, beer has no affect on me whatsoever, other than to quench my thirst. :p

Yes, but the pits and the track are not at the same altitude, which makes for a pain the ass when trying to make the weather station data reach the staging lanes when your weather station box is .75 miles away.

Although once you figure that what changes up there, changes down there, it's no big deal but when your pagers cant get pagers...Oy! :rolleyes:

Just curious. Do you happen to remember what weather station model you have the range problems with?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back