Indy Tribute Cars? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
Any word on tribute cars that may be at Indy? It's always a treat when these show up. My fave is still the Sox & Martin entry of Bob Panella (see above avatar).

God Speed Ronnie...

You're right John, Indy is always the best place for one-off cars. One of my favorites was at the 50th (there were several one-offs at the 50th US Nats!). The car driven by Aussie Dave Grubnic, sponsored by Stanley, and painted to resemble a section of a yellow steel tape measure was one of the most clever ones. Another great one was Mike Ashley's FC from last year at Indy. Anyone else have any favorites?

So far I have seen Beckman will have a MTS salute to the troops body and Ashley Force will have her pink ROY body.

Other than the ones listed above, havent heard of anything new for this year yet.

Some ones from the past I liked were Conolly's "Grumpy's Toys" tribute and Gilbertson's "Jungle Jim" tribute

This is a great idea. I have a couple friends that have children that were diagnosed with JD at less than 5 years of age. Granted, there are worse things to have to live with, but I sure wouldn't wish JD on anyone.

One of my favorite tribute cars was Gilby's Jungle Jim car. I don't think that he ran that at Indy though. Wasn't it Dallas back in about '02 or so?

Bob Tasca 3 Will have one of these

That is incredible! I hope this gets some airtime to call attention to a disease that is reaching epidemic levels. Literally millions of children and adults have diabetes and don't know it!

I'm Type 2 and very fortunate that it is easily controlled - have friends who are not so lucky. No doubt who I will be rooting for at Indy - go get four rounds of airtime B3 ! - :cool:

In no particular order....

Gilby's Jungle Jim Tribute
Johnny Gray driving Don Schumacher's Wonder Wagon
Wilk's US Nationals theme car

THE gold car turned the collectable world on its ears!!!
25,000 sold at indy by friday??!
....or something like that.!:p

I think Bob Tasca should think about doing a tribute to the old Mystery Mustangs from Tasca Ford, just a plain burgandy car with the white side inserts and Mystery 4 on the rear quarters!!

I also like Mike Ashley's deal last year with the Faulkner's. Winning Indy made it even better.
Hope we can see that again with Tasca this year.

I like the idea of One Off specialty 'paints'... but only with reason, like BT III this year, or Mike last year. Special promotional paints I understand, and bragging rights paint, like Princess RotY pink, but I really think that paint should be at the season opener, not two thirds of the way through.

and yeah, most likely, I'll get a die cast of 'The Pink Car', and a Neff/Old Spice car for myself for Winter Solstice this year...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back