Indy Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
It's that time of year again. I always look forward to the special entries in Pro Stock at Indy. A couple of my favorites have been Panella's "Sox & Martin" entry as well as Larry Morgan's "Rod Shop Dodge".

What are some of your favorites???

I don't think you'll see too many additional entries this year. I'd be surprised if Panellla makes the trip. As far as favorite entries goes, I guess Glidden driving Steve Schmidt's Firebird in '98 even though it was a DNQ. I miss the days of 40+ Pro Stockers in the lanes.

How's this for wild speculation:
John or Vincent Nobile driving Morgan's second Lucas Oil Mustang
Dave Connolly driving KJ's Cobalt:D
Richie Stevens driving Ron Krisher's Valvoline Cobalt
Bob Panella driving the Mountain View Tire Stratus

I'm looking for an announcement from Jeg saying he is going fuel racing!!! Ya never Know?

Thought of some more:

JFR to circumvent 4 car limit by John stepping out of his familiar Castrol Ford to allow Courtney and Brittney to team with Robert and Ashley. John will drive for a new outfit from Yorba Linda under the Brute Racing moniker.

In a last ditch effort to gain media attention, NHRA announces that starting in 2011 the world champions will be decided at next years U.S. Nationals winners. The reason cited was that's how it was done back in the day. In a subsequent release, NHRA announced that the following catagories would comprise the 2011 series:

Top Fuel
Funny Car
A/Fuel Dragster
A/Fuel Funny Car
Alcohol Dragster
Alcohol Funny Car

When asked about the decision NHRA's Graham Light said that since Fuel cars are the sport, why bother with anything else. Injected A/Fuel and Supercharged Alcohol classes will be the feeder system into Nitro. For the other half of the story this reporter tried to ask Warren Johnson his thoughts, however Warren was last seen chasing Light and Tom Compton on foot with a breaker bar screaming you ain't gonna get away with this you greedy sons of b*****s.

Last edited:
Thought of some more:

JFR to circumvent 4 car limit by John stepping out of his familiar Castrol Ford to allow Courtney and Brittney to team with Robert and Ashley. John will drive for a new outfit from Yorba Linda under the Brute Racing moniker.

In a last ditch effort to gain media attention, NHRA announces that starting in 2011 the world champions will be decided at next years U.S. Nationals winners. The reason cited was that's how it was done back in the day. In a subsequent release, NHRA announced that the following catagories would comprise the 2011 series:

Top Fuel
Funny Car
A/Fuel Dragster
A/Fuel Funny Car
Alcohol Dragster
Alcohol Funny Car

When asked about the decision NHRA's Graham Light said that since Fuel cars are the sport, why bother with anything else. Injected A/Fuel and Supercharged Alcohol classes will be the feeder system into Nitro. For the other half of the story this reporter tried to ask Warren Johnson his thoughts, however Warren was last seen chasing Light and Tom Compton on foot with a breaker bar screaming you ain't gonna get away with this you greedy sons of b*****s.

That is hilarious!!! I hope none of it happens...except the part with WJ chasing Light & Compton with a breaker bar. I can totally see that...:D

... I miss the days of 40+ Pro Stockers in the lanes.

Those were also the days when the rules didn't allow Pro Stocks to be towed. The "train" of cars heading into staging is one of my favorite memories. The thumping of the engines along with the wide variety of paint graphics made for a great spectacle.

On the other hand, the pre-race Pro Stock parade down the track never did much for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back