Fav. Pro Stock Cars-Any Era? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
What were your favorite Pro Stock cars of any era? List your favorites!
My top 3 in order.

#1-Don Carlton's 1st Mopar Missile
#2-Bill Jenkins Vega of 72
#3-Bob Glidden's Ford Fairmont

Yours?

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer

1. All the Hemi cars prior to the stupid 1972 weight breaks that effectively legislated them out of existence.
2. Every Bob Glidden car after 1972.

Hard to pick one from all the eras. Love all the early Hemis but Glidden's Plymouth Arrow, Grumpy's Monza and Carlton's Rod Shop Colt were pretty cool! I was a really big fan of Lee Shepherd so I have to say my favorite was probably his and the Frank Iaconio 80’s Camaros.

All the Tasca Fords" Especially the brownish Mustang Coupe
Another East Coast car = Bill Flynn's Yankee Peddler (Used to garage it near my home)

Any PS car before they changed to jelly beans, they were all cool no matter the manufacturer.

Warren Johnson’s white Warbird as a Firebird owner at the time.

So I’m discovering that with a age I’m actually attached to the cars in motorsports I actively rooted against. So, today tied with WJ’s car is the red and white Ford Thunderchicken 🐓 of Bob Glidden.

well....looking at my avatar you can guess that I'm attached to Bob cars...
Bob's 7-11 Thunderbird
Bob's red white and blue Fairmont
WJ's Hurst/Olds Cutlass

Also very much love the 94 T-Bird that Bob raced exactly twice...

So many to choose from, regardless of make.

All the weight-break cars looked good, IMO. Glidden's cars, the AMC's, the Monzas. And as boxy as it was, I actually liked Glidden's Fairmount.

When they changed the platform, I still liked everything that was running, but as things progressed, I would say my favorites from each manufacturer would've been The Cutlass, the Daytonas and Glidden's Thunderbirds. There was still a strong resemblance to what was being produced, they were fast and the competition was good.

Sean D

1. Warren Johnson's 1980 Hurst Olds.

2. Bob Glidden's 1987 Motorcraft Thunderbird.

3. Any 1st gen Hemi Dart/Duster.

Bob Glidden's first Ford Probe, then his exp
I liked Reher & Morrison late 2nd generation camaro, then their beretta when they first came out

Glidden ran a Pinto in the early days. Was a Pinto fan cuz I owned one. My first new car, 1971 Pinto, bought at Foulger Ford in Monrovia, Calif. Remember them? Used to be the place to buy a hot Ford.

Glidden ran a Pinto in the early days. Was a Pinto fan cuz I owned one. My first new car, 1971 Pinto, bought at Foulger Ford in Monrovia, Calif. Remember them? Used to be the place to buy a hot Ford.

My 1st new car was, 71 Pinto 20 months later it had a 289/C4, 9" rearend. Hot Rod magazine did an article about doing it. So
I started looking for parts. A 57 Ford rear end fit like it was made for it. Didn't need to alter anything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back