Great email and request from Diane Sox (1 Viewer)

downtime

Nitro Member
Hey everyone, Diane Sox sent me an email the other night (as well as some other folks), and I thought I would post it up here. She is trying to do something really great in Ronnie's name and I want everyone to have the opportunity to help if you feel so inclined. I must say that I thought it was a very kind "thank you" from her, and I am passing along the info to other folks I know who may wish to contribute as well.

Here is the email:

Hello,

I am Diane Sox, Ronnie’s wife, and I want to take a moment to express to all of you how deeply I appreciate you taking time to sign Ronnie’s Guestbook. Your condolences, stories and wonderful memories of Ronnie have touched my heart and given me great comfort during the difficult days I continue to face without him. As I have said before, if it weren’t for his fans, I whole heartedly believe that Ronnie would not have made it through the last 4-1/2 years, especially in light of the fact that Duke Medical Center gave Ronnie one year to live when he was first diagnosed in 2001. He could have easily given up, but Ronnie was a competitor and refused to quit. That determination together with your inspiration made him more determined than ever. Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know, without a doubt, that Ronnie is smiling down from heaven with an enlightened heart at all these wonderful tributes to him.

For those who may be interested, Buddy Martin and I are in the process of starting a nonprofit foundation in Ronnie’s memory to raise money for St. Jude’s Children’s Research and the American Cancer Society, which will be called the Ronnie Sox Foundation. The majority of the proceeds will go to St. Jude’s since it was so dear to Ronnie’s heart. Each time Ronnie saw commercials on TV about children fighting cancer, it broke his heart. He was especially sensitive knowing the way the chemo treatments affected him and that they would be worse on children. Ronnie’s response was, “Isn’t that sad, Diane. I’ve lived a great life and these poor kids are battling cancer and may never see 10, much less 67 years of life!” It brought tears to his eyes and that is why our main focus is on helping St. Jude’s.

Buddy and I have also been working closely with Supercar Collectibles on a Commemorative Car in Memory of Ronnie. Supercar Collectibles is donating 100% of the net profits to St. Jude’s. If you would like to place an order for one of these limited edition cars, please go to www.supercar1.com and place your order. These cars will be sold one per customer, only.

Should you choose to participate in the offer described above, you will not only be doing something to honor Ronnie’s memory, but you will also be helping others in their battle against this deadly disease called Cancer.

Finally, whether or not you decide to participate in the fundraising effort, I do want to repeat my appreciation for the sincere condolences you have expressed. They mean so very much to me and to Ronnie’s family. Thank you for your time and God bless you and your families!

Diane Sox

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back