I may have seen it all..... (1 Viewer)

We are also in the yellow pages....forgot about that form of advertising...

And referrals are the greatest.

We stock somewhere between 600 and 800 tires, depending on the time of year, etc.

We are also in the yellow pages....forgot about that form of advertising...

And referrals are the greatest.

We stock somewhere between 600 and 800 tires, depending on the time of year, etc.

A lot of times I hear "So and so referred you, they said you weren't cheap, but you were damn good mechanics"

I always ask who gave the referal and send them a thank you card or give them a break on their next repair.

We always try to give our regular clientel a little something here and there.

And we know for a fact that we are no where close to the cheapest in town, and don't try to be. Nor do we want to be either.

Our labor is $65 an hour-soon to increase

LOF 28.95
FEA 49.95
Trans service 50-75+
Rotate 15
mount/bal 4 -$40 plus disp,wheel weights,stems etc.
Front pads installed 129.95and up

We do no advertising whatsoever, we are booked solid all year except two weeks around tax season.

Our slow period is usually December thru February, but lately, business has been weird in this area. July is normally our strongest month every year, this year it was the worst. So everything is a little unpredictable right now.

What kind of ticket average do you guys generally have?

Jenn,

Sorry I didn't post back right away...we were attending the IHRA banquet....:) It was a BLAST!! Best one yet I think.........and the more I drank....the better I looked........LOL LOL LOL!!! Sorry.......it was an inside joke!

Our advertising varies....

For the "regular" part of our shop....some yellow pages and a little radio/TV/cable here and there. Newspaper around our area....well sucks.

For the wheel sales.....racingjunk.com and a couple of different drag racing mags.

Jenn,

Sorry I didn't post back right away...we were attending the IHRA banquet....:) It was a BLAST!! Best one yet I think.........and the more I drank....the better I looked........LOL LOL LOL!!! Sorry.......it was an inside joke!
Our advertising varies....

For the "regular" part of our shop....some yellow pages and a little radio/TV/cable here and there. Newspaper around our area....well sucks.

For the wheel sales.....racingjunk.com and a couple of different drag racing mags.

Lol, glad you had a good time. :)

Our local paper comes out 2 times a week. Wednesday and Saturday. Used to do some advertising on the back of our church's bulletin but haven't done it in a while.

I almost forgot out biggest advertising. It's a muffler car, that's right, a muffler car. Completely street legal too. We put it in parades and it's parked right in front of the shop. It's great for helping people locate the shop!

DSC02500.jpg

Last edited:
OK....I have a customer question. lol....maybe a dumb one. Y'all know I just replaced one tire. Well, how bad would it be to buy 3 more of a different brand/model with similar tread patterns and almost exactly the same ratings? I've never even considered it, but I'm price shopping. ;)

Re: Hourly Rates/Pricing...

Labor $75.00/Hr.

Deluxe Pit Stop (Oil Change Service): $29.99 (5 Qt), $49.99 Synthetic, $75.00 Ford PowerStroke (6.9L/7.3L/6.0L)
Tire Rotation: $10.99; $15.99 for Dual Rear Wheels
Transmission Flush/Filter: $149.99, up to 10 Qts
Air Filter: Competitive retail + $4.99 install
Fuel Filter: Competitive retail + $14.99 (most cars)
Check Engine Light: $10.99 for code retrieval, printed report, and code(s) reset

All of our services are provided on-site.

OK....I have a customer question. lol....maybe a dumb one. Y'all know I just replaced one tire. Well, how bad would it be to buy 3 more of a different brand/model with similar tread patterns and almost exactly the same ratings? I've never even considered it, but I'm price shopping. ;)

Kelly, if it's in your budget, you could buy a full set, buy a used wheel, and install the one odd tire as a full size spare.

Jenn - LOVE the muffler car!!

That's really cute!!

Thanks! My dad had his student employees build it. They all had aspects they were interested in, one wanted to learn welding, the other engine work, another electrical and transmission, so they got to work on the car and get paid for it. People stop and take pictures with it, they known where the shop if you say "We got the car that's shaped like a muffler" etc. I even had a guy stop and tell me that it was one of his buddies who worked for me and did the electrical.

Somebody even wrote the to the local paper and said it was his favorite float in the parade second to the Choose Life float.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back