How many points deducted for oildown? (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
...and does anyone know where the top 3 guys in F/C currently stand on those?

I'm not 100% sure. I just perused my 2006 Rulebook & I didn't see it in there... but I can tell you anything you want to know about decal placement. Ha Ha Ha

If memory serves me right, and it doesn't always so I may be wrong, a driver loses 20 points for an oildown but can earn freebies for a certain number of oil free passes (don't recall the number). I'm fairly certain that John, Ron & Robert are all safe (freebies in the bag) but again, I'm not 100% sure.

Great question though, given the desire for some to earn 20 points for setting a national record - could be a wash if oil is involved...

it 10 points per oil down. You do get a freebie to start the year and after so many clean runs you earn them back and such

Latest News

that memo was from 2 yeara ago so there may be some minor tweaks since then but it's still 10 points.

Which did cost Capps the title last year.

that memo was from 2 yeara ago so there may be some minor tweaks since then but it's still 10 points.

Which did cost Capps the title last year.

If it's the oil leak I am thinking of (Reading in qualifying when the Ace went nuts on Alley) it didn't have any impact on the championship since the oil leak occurred in qualifying. To lose ten points you have to oil the track on raceday.

If it's the oil leak I am thinking of (Reading in qualifying when the Ace went nuts on Alley) it didn't have any impact on the championship since the oil leak occurred in qualifying. To lose ten points you have to oil the track on raceday.

are you sure about that. I thought it didn't matter when it happened?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back