How good is David Rampy? (1 Viewer)

All the compliments said about David is true. He is a all around class act. I remember we were in Houston cooling down my friend's stocker when he walked about 100 yards to tell us they had called us back to the lane and we were going to be late if we did't hurry. He didn't have to do that but it was just David being David.
What I like about him the most is that I think he is the smartest racer I have ever seen. He has taken more losse than wins so he will not get his index CIC on Monday morning. He just seems to be thinking ahead all the time.

Last edited:
The few times I have ever been around him, he really seems like a class guy. I have a good friend who is a chassis builder that knows David well--He speaks very highly of him. Never heard a bad work about David Rampy--that usually is a very good indicator of a persons character!!:)

When we ran IHRA (sorry, guys) in the mid to late 80's, he won a helluva lot of titles at the National events in Super Gas and Hot Rod and also dominated the points races. He was then, just as he is now, a superfriendly guy with an awesome talent! At that time he traveled with the late, great Don Young and they were a fearsome duo!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back