Dave Rampy wins again (1 Viewer)

Bluey

Nitro Member
From of NHRA.com

ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 5 eliminations in Competition Eliminator at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, 42nd annual NHRA SuperNationals:
W/L Driver Class Index RT ET Ov/Un

(W) David Rampy A/EA 7.84 0.011 7.653 -0.187
(L) Anthony Bertozzi B/SR 8.27 2.019 30.777 22.507

4:04 p.m. - Weather conditions: air temperature 75 degrees, relative humidity 54 percent, barometer 29.92 inches, adjusted altitude 1,689 feet, track temperature 98 degrees.
This was Rampy's 99th final round in Comp Eliminator. He won here in 2007. Bertozzi had eight national event wins, none in Comp. When the light turned green, Rampy took off while Bertozzi's car barely moved. This was Rampy's 77th national event win. His 76th win came just a few minutes earlier in Super Stock when he won that class. This was the fourth time Rampy has doubled up in national event wins.

I talked to David @ Atlanta and he said he was very thankful that he was still racing. I guess the competition is not as thankful.:D Congrats to a great guy along with his longtime crew-chief & friend Barry Davis.

Congrats to David and Barry. I am so glad that he won in the Superstocker, that is on nice looking car. He was killing the tree all weekend.

Too bad Harold Stout's Pro Stock venture was short lived. David could have been killer!

I'm really surprised someone else hasn't picked him up for a Pro Stock ride over the years. Gotta' be talked about in the same breath as Jeggie as one of the best pure drivers our sport has ever seen.

Sean D

I'm really surprised someone else hasn't picked him up for a Pro Stock ride over the years. Gotta' be talked about in the same breath as Jeggie as one of the best pure drivers our sport has ever seen.

Sean D

I've thought the same thing through the years. I wonder if he's just not interested in that class? It must be something like that because he can obviously drive the wheels off anything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back