He Walked Away (1 Viewer)

Lucky doesn't even begin to describe it.

Did he actually get back in it when he was in the other lane or was the throttle stuck???

ABSOLUTELY something to be said for having the concrete walls that we have now at most tracks.... With them, that probably would have been more of a pinball machine ride than a wash-and-spin cycle pass...

During the initial crash sequence I found myself thinking - wow, that cameraman sure was lucky... then my brain told me he wasn't there before! So as the rewind took place & they showed the empty seat, I realized it was Don himself! Yikes - that was scary. But as I've always said and believed: God decides when it's your turn, no matter how it happens - clearly it wasn't Don's turn on that day, huh?

Not sure, but I recall this being on the old 'mater.
A few people mentioned the car being basically a basket case and should not have been allowed to run.

That is one lucky dude.

I believe a best buy and a shopping center now occupy what was Fremont dragstrip there.

Wow, loose front end or what? Never seen anyone come out of a rolling car and be standing up before all the parts stop moving. With the roof being ripped off of the car, you have to wonder if this was one of those instances in which he was better off for having been ditched first? Might have taken his head off with it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back