Gene Snow PLeads Guilty (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't anyone notice the charge he actually pled to? "Injury to a Child" ...Is that even a sexually-oriented offense in TX?

Before everyone blasts the guy [and his lawyer(s)] for pleading out, someone should actually make sure of what it is that he pled to.

Not standing up for him, or bashing, either. Just wondering.
It does help to read the whole thing huh?

Didn't anyone notice the charge he actually pled to? "Injury to a Child" ...Is that even a sexually-oriented offense in TX?

Before everyone blasts the guy [and his lawyer(s)] for pleading out, someone should actually make sure of what it is that he pled to.

Not standing up for him, or bashing, either. Just wondering.

Thank you for making that point, Sean.

Maybe I'm wrong here but being that the "child" excepted money from Gene for sex changed the dynamic a little bit. That's probably why he got a lighter sentance then one would expect.

He is 69 - the boy is still a BOY even at 17. No excuses - Mr Snow is a creep.

There is no comparison between what happens between two teenagers and this situation.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong here but being that the "child" excepted money from Gene for sex changed the dynamic a little bit. That's probably why he got a lighter sentance then one would expect.

You may be right, I would guess some high stepping lawyers could twist things around and try to make Snow the victim. Sad either way.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I try not to bash anybody and I'm not going to start now.
I had "heard" that Mr. Snow had these tendencies for quite sometime, but chose to ignore it I guess. Sad deal for everyone involved.
We raced junior dragsters with Spencer and Gene in the late 90's around Division 4. I had always knew who Gene was and that he was a legend, but what was neat about racing with him was when him and my dad would get to benchracing about the old days. My dad was the shop foreman for Ed Pink Racing Engines from 1969-1977 and they built Gene's engines for his famous "Snowman" funny cars. The stories they told were classic!
I'll just end it on that.

P.S. Mrs. "O", how is big Dave "O" doing? When my dad worked for Raymond Beadle Dave had a paint and body shop next to the old Chapparell (sp) Trailers that Beadle owned. It was called Dave "O's" Paint and Body, and was off of Royal Lane. He painted all of Beadle's cars. I was only 11 or so back then but I remember Dave was a big guy!.........lol

Long time lurker, first time poster. I try not to bash anybody and I'm not going to start now.
I had "heard" that Mr. Snow had these tendencies for quite sometime, but chose to ignore it I guess. Sad deal for everyone involved.
We raced junior dragsters with Spencer and Gene in the late 90's around Division 4. I had always knew who Gene was and that he was a legend, but what was neat about racing with him was when him and my dad would get to benchracing about the old days. My dad was the shop foreman for Ed Pink Racing Engines from 1969-1977 and they built Gene's engines for his famous "Snowman" funny cars. The stories they told were classic!

P.S. Mrs. "O", how is big Dave "O" doing? When my dad worked for Raymond Beadle Dave had a paint and body shop next to the old Chapparell (sp) Trailers that Beadle owned. It was called Dave "O's" Paint and Body, and was off of Royal Lane. He painted all of Beadle's cars. I was only 11 or so back then but I remember Dave was a big guy!.........lol
Welcome to the Mater, Kelly..

Nice post.

Thanks Mr. Williams. I found out about this board a year or two ago from a buddy of mine that works at XRP. I really find this board to be pretty damn neat!! More than the "sprint car" boards I frequent.
What I like about it is that quite a few current as well as "old timers" visit this board, although from what I have gathered by lurking is that they used to frequent it alot more in past years.

One of these days I'll tell you a little about myself. Don't want to hi-jack this thread

Kelly check your PM's!

Probation is a disgrace,:mad: if he pleaded guilty, whatever the circumstances, there should be a manditory jail sentence. End of story.

They should have let Al Swearengen deal with him, than fed him to Woo's pigs. (if you seen Deadwood, you know what I mean)
JP

Kelly glad to have you aboard!

Our Nostalgia thread needs all those old stories about the old days.
Pics are welcome and there are some like our Kelly Holmes that would be happy to host them for you.
Myself I really do miss those 32 car fields and people like Raymond .

You are right John..ole Al was a mean SOB that would really resort to a major A * * whipping depending on the situation.In this case , I think the punishment you mentioned would be about what he would do .Too bad they ( HBO ) didn't keep that series going.It would've been nice to see Deadwood evolve through history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back