Gene Snow PLeads Guilty (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
Former drag racer gets 3 years' probation

BEDFORD -- A legendary drag racer from Fort Worth has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from sexual assault accusations a boy made against him, officials said Wednesday. Gene "The Snowman" Snow pleaded guilty to injury to a child and accepted three years' probation, Tarrant County prosecutor Kimberly D'Avignon said. Snow, 69, was arrested in September after a 17-year-old went to Sheriff's Department investigators and said Snow had been molesting him since the fifth grade, had drugged him and paid him for sexual favors. Snow, who lives in Bedford, is listed on the National Hot Rod Association's Web site as one of the top 50 drivers in the organization's history.

-- Mark Agee

bastard deserves alot more then just probation

What is wrong with this system?

He destroys a young boys LIFE.........

and he gets nothing.

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!

And you can only assume this is not the only boy.

The only reason Snow didn`t get any jail time is because $$ talks. This is a friggin` travesty, the pos should be thrown into the pen...let`s see how well he`d hold up in there.

I remember at Houston he was on the Startingline when Spencer Massey was running. I was thinking how could he show his face in Public? I think his age played into this, but his Reputation's Toast IMO!

You can't take away his accomplishments in the sport, but I think taking away his nuts would suffice!

First off let me start this by saying that I feel that any person that molests or violates a child should be castrated and locked up so that the inmates can make them their b*tch.

But we do not know the whole story, and until we do, is it fair to judge him. And there will be those that will immediately say he plead guilty so he is, but let me tell you a story about one of my best friends before you say that.

I will call him T and her B, so T and B meet, and B has 3 kids, all girls. They hook up for the better part of 9 years and T has basically been a dad to these girls and has loved them as if they were his own. So B's oldest who I will call J was 16 at the time decides she wants to have certain things in her life that cost more money than T is willing to provide her with (car, cell phone, credit card, she is another Paris Hilton wannabe). So after a couple of months of fighting over it, J reveals that T has been molesting her and forcing her to have sex. The cops and state get involved, there is an investigation and even an examination of J. And while she had some very detailed stories, the medical evidence didn't support it. The local DA decided she wanted to try and make an example out of T because we think she was trying to make points with someone. T hires the best lawyer he can find and costs him tens of thousands of dollars mounting a defense. In the end, it gets plead out to charges similar to Snows and T pleads guilty, and has to register as a sex offender for life other wise he would have gone to jail for 5 years. Fast forward over 2 years later, T gets a phone call from B telling him that one night after J had been out drinking with friends, J revealed to B that she lied about it all because she hated T and hated B for leaving her biological dad and she knew that she would get all the things she wanted once T was out of the picture, which she did because B always spoiled J. T is now fighting in court to try and get it reversed and is not having much luck as the DA doesn't want to touch it due to the bad press it will generate.

Again I think all sex offenders should be castrated and locked up for life, and to be honest, I didn't want T around my girls, but I was wrong in my thinking because he was innocent and since we don't know all of the details, maybe so is Snow.

Just food for thought.

This is not the first time this has happened.

Micheal Jackson syndrome?

Rob's post brings to mind something that happened to a boss I had years ago. He and his wife were divorced and had a teenage girl that lived with her mom who could no longer control her. She was getting into trouble a lot. So they had her move in with dad who was known to be strict and take no crap. Within 3 months she had him arrested for "taking dirty pictures" of her. It cost him about $40,000, and he had his name in the paper every so often for two years. When she finally admitted to the cops she was lying they did nothing to her.

First off let me start this by saying that I feel that any person that molests or violates a child should be castrated and locked up so that the inmates can make them their b*tch.

But we do not know the whole story, and until we do, is it fair to judge him. And there will be those that will immediately say he plead guilty so he is, but let me tell you a story about one of my best friends before you say that.

I will call him T and her B, so T and B meet, and B has 3 kids, all girls. They hook up for the better part of 9 years and T has basically been a dad to these girls and has loved them as if they were his own. So B's oldest who I will call J was 16 at the time decides she wants to have certain things in her life that cost more money than T is willing to provide her with (car, cell phone, credit card, she is another Paris Hilton wannabe). So after a couple of months of fighting over it, J reveals that T has been molesting her and forcing her to have sex. The cops and state get involved, there is an investigation and even an examination of J. And while she had some very detailed stories, the medical evidence didn't support it. The local DA decided she wanted to try and make an example out of T because we think she was trying to make points with someone. T hires the best lawyer he can find and costs him tens of thousands of dollars mounting a defense. In the end, it gets plead out to charges similar to Snows and T pleads guilty, and has to register as a sex offender for life other wise he would have gone to jail for 5 years. Fast forward over 2 years later, T gets a phone call from B telling him that one night after J had been out drinking with friends, J revealed to B that she lied about it all because she hated T and hated B for leaving her biological dad and she knew that she would get all the things she wanted once T was out of the picture, which she did because B always spoiled J. T is now fighting in court to try and get it reversed and is not having much luck as the DA doesn't want to touch it due to the bad press it will generate.

Again I think all sex offenders should be castrated and locked up for life, and to be honest, I didn't want T around my girls, but I was wrong in my thinking because he was innocent and since we don't know all of the details, maybe so is Snow.

Just food for thought.

About your friend just because the DA was pushing it doesn't mean he would have went to jail or been convicted!
My problem is his lawyer obviously plea bargined the case because it was a weak one the fact that your friend pleaded guilty is the reason he probably won't be able to get that changed.
His lawyer, I'm sorry to say, sure as hell wasn't the best he could get from what you stated here he raped him of thousands of dollars and then screwed him for life and I'm sorry to hear that.A good lawyer would have gotten the case dropped because it was an extremely questionable one from what you have shared I truley feel for your friend that must have been hell to go through. :(
As Suzie stated it happened before so I stand by what I said "HE IS A PIG!" :mad:

This is the stuff that make me sick! There are monster out there preying on our children and there are other monster making up stories and destroying good decint people with their lies. I have a registered certified daycare preschool in my home.(25 years) Protecting my daycare childern,my own family as well as my self from these monsters are a very import part of my job. We are required my the state I live in to take class on child abuse and neglect ever year.Both monster destroy lives. Not just the victim, but everyone involed. I think that both monsters sould be locked up! :mad:

It is pretty amazing just how many live in your neighborhood too. I check on a monthly basis to see who is living near me. They have pictures of the offenders and their case info. Keep in mind that not all of them are child sex offenders, there are people who have committed sexual crimes against adults too.

It is pretty amazing just how many live in your neighborhood too. I check on a monthly basis to see who is living near me. They have pictures of the offenders and their case info. Keep in mind that not all of them are child sex offenders, there are people who have committed sexual crimes against adults too.

I hear you Suzie I do the same damn thing. I want to know who lives around me and my family!
Knowledge is a great tool I'm kind of lucky in my city there are only 3 and the nearest is 6 miles away.

Pretty sad to see this. I saw Gene Snow at the 1991 Empire Nationals, my first National Event, and he had been one of my favorites since. IF he truely is guilty of what he is charged with, the sentence is an absolute disgrace. Maybe Bill O'Reilly will get ahold of this story and straighten the DA and Judge out. Nothing worse in my mind than child abusers/molesters.:mad:

A molester deserves what they get, a cell with Bubba and the boys... The worse the better in my opinion, and they should be removed from the public.

However this was obviously a plea deal and we will likely never know what truly happened, if anything, and I have no real opinion on anything except that if he was guilty he got off way too light and if he was not guilty he will wear the albatross forever.

No matter what the outcome is, it is bad for our sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back