Gene Snow PLeads Guilty (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for those who are tagged for life when they didnt really do anything. I had a friend in high school who was a senior and was seeing a 16 year old sophmore and when her dad found out about it he had the boy charged with statutory rape since he was 18 I believe it was. He's such a child molester that today they are married but yet he has to register as a sex offender. It just aint right in some situations.

Apparently up to several months ago I missed the memo on the "Fort Worth Queen" but since then I have heard numerous stories about him all the way back in the day so apparently I along with a bunch of others were in the dark on the SNOWMAN.

Agreed, but I'm not looking forward to seeing this one on FOX news. They have plenty of others, I doub't there is a shortage of injustice today.

I hear you Suzie I do the same damn thing. I want to know who lives around me and my family!
Knowledge is a great tool I'm kind of lucky in my city there are only 3 and the nearest is 6 miles away.

I have 3 in my area, one I recognized as a former customer of mine, I took him off my customer list because his history showed it involved a child under 13.

I have 10 nieces and nephews under the age of 13, (the youngest is 2 days old!) all of them hang around the business. I'm not taking any chances regardless of if it was a false accusation or not. I don't feel bad about removing him from my customer base either.

Jenn, not to be critical but would you have taken him off your list if the child was older than 13? Say, 15?

Jenn, not to be critical but would you have taken him off your list if the child was older than 13? Say, 15?

Probably, but seeing that he was 65 when he was charged, 67 when convicted, it upped the disgust factor. A grandfatherly figure convicted of criminal sexual penetration of a minor under 13...that just made me sick, and take him off immediately.

A friend of mine's parents had a guy arrested and he wound up pleading out, because they had slept together when she was 15-16 and he was 18-19. She said it was consentual, but the guy was arrested because it didn't matter under the 'legal age of consent'.

Oddly enough, they are still good friends with eachother, although he's not a fan her parents.

Former drag racer gets 3 years' probation

BEDFORD -- A legendary drag racer from Fort Worth has pleaded guilty to charges stemming from sexual assault accusations a boy made against him, officials said Wednesday. Gene "The Snowman" Snow pleaded guilty to injury to a child and accepted three years' probation, Tarrant County prosecutor Kimberly D'Avignon said. Snow, 69, was arrested in September after a 17-year-old went to Sheriff's Department investigators and said Snow had been molesting him since the fifth grade, had drugged him and paid him for sexual favors. Snow, who lives in Bedford, is listed on the National Hot Rod Association's Web site as one of the top 50 drivers in the organization's history.

-- Mark Agee

PROBATION???????? That is the sickest part of this whole deal. Whom ever let this plea take place should be fired.Life in Jail would be too good for something like this!:mad: Unbelievable..

You know Jenn,

You bring up an interesting subject. What if the girl had said she lied about her age to the guy and said she was 18. I wonder how it would of been handled then. What is a guy supposed to do when the hormones are raging, ask for an I.D. ? I have seen many young ladies that were minors but looked like they were in their young twenties. It really can be hard to judge some times.

But back to the Snowman, probation was too lenient if he out right plead guilty.

About your friend just because the DA was pushing it doesn't mean he would have went to jail or been convicted!
My problem is his lawyer obviously plea bargined the case because it was a weak one the fact that your friend pleaded guilty is the reason he probably won't be able to get that changed.
His lawyer, I'm sorry to say, sure as hell wasn't the best he could get from what you stated here he raped him of thousands of dollars and then screwed him for life and I'm sorry to hear that.A good lawyer would have gotten the case dropped because it was an extremely questionable one from what you have shared I truley feel for your friend that must have been hell to go through. :(
As Suzie stated it happened before so I stand by what I said "HE IS A PIG!" :mad:

I agree that he should have gotten another lawyer and even said it long before the deal went down, and you are right that it will probably never get fixed and in a lot of ways it has messed his life up, if he dates someone with kids, the State of Oregon can come in at anytime and investigate him and thats no life looking over your shoulder. As for Snow, I hadn't heard of the other stuff before, and didn't know about them before I posted that, but I said it already, they all need castrated and locked up, but even in this day and age, they still give these guys rights and lock them up in other wings because the regular inmates will kill the rapists and molesters, and for the most part, I don't have a problem with that since it will save the tax payers money.

Last edited:
Everyone should realize that punishment isnt always handed out on earth that sometimes the higher authority gets to make a final determination...That higher authority has a built in video system so that replays can be made and real time results are handed down...I am not justifying this by any means I have been in Law Enforcement for a long time and we have a had to live with this stuff forever...And we dont like it!!!

I feel sorry for those who are tagged for life when they didnt really do anything. I had a friend in high school who was a senior and was seeing a 16 year old sophmore and when her dad found out about it he had the boy charged with statutory rape since he was 18 I believe it was. He's such a child molester that today they are married but yet he has to register as a sex offender. It just aint right in some situations.

When we use to live in Tucson we use to live two doors down from a couple where this exact same thing happened, and he has to deal with it every time he moves, because he has to re-register and they have been married for like 5 years now.

It's been common knowledge in Div 4 for many years that he was/is some kinda pervert but we never had proof or knew exactly what or how.

I'm sure that the only reason Snow plead guilty was to get the plea deal of no jail time. The DA did it because Snow has the resources ($) to fight it very hard. These molestation cases that considerable time has passed are extremely difficult to prosecute. At least this way they have a conviction and he admits his guilt.

I don't know about anyone else but if I got charged with something that I didn't do, ESPECIALLY something as heinous as child molestation, there is NO WAY that I would plead guilty. I would take my chances in court or go to prison before I would ever admit to something I didn't do. Period.

My brother in west Texas where Genes oil company had leases said it was common knowledge many years ago.
It was news to me when it happened.
Hopefully he curbed his urges around those who he knew respected him and his accomplishments.
Sorry the Gene Snow I once knew and respected is no longer with us.

I agree w/ the situation is not very normal but there is alot more to the case...The boy, or man if you saw him had been living w/ Gene for years. His friends used to hang out w/ Gene and everyone else on the team...
This 'young man' tried to con money out of Gene when things turned sour and Gene said no.
He was never convicted of drugging him....The drugs were brought in by the 'young man' and his friends.
This situation is no different than a man over 18 years of age doing the same thing to a woman underage...
Gene's unique attractions have been known for years...like since the late 70's.
I think it is weird but I will still treat Gene the way he treats everyone else in racing..he is a badass drag racer that is very respected whenever one of his cars pulls to the line..

About 20 years ago I first heard the "Gene Gene the Fort Worth Queen" remarks, but you don't think it will lead to something like this. One the other hand (as a parent of a 17 year old son), I would like to know where the kids parent(s) were.

...Gene "The Snowman" Snow pleaded guilty to injury to a child and accepted three years' probation, Tarrant County prosecutor Kimberly D'Avignon said...

Didn't anyone notice the charge he actually pled to? "Injury to a Child" ...Is that even a sexually-oriented offense in TX?

Before everyone blasts the guy [and his lawyer(s)] for pleading out, someone should actually make sure of what it is that he pled to.

Not standing up for him, or bashing, either. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back