Funny car bodies I'd like to see.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
There are cars that would be awesome if someone would actually make a funny car body of:

1. Cadillac CTS-V coupe.

2. Chevy Camaro.

3. Dodge Challenger.

4. Mercedes C63 AMG.

5. New charger (the old one is from 2006... time to update)

Didn't Bruce Larson win a championship in a Corvette?

Nope, the year he won the title his SENTRY car was an Olds Cutlass.

In my opinion, any Corvettes after the model Mongoose ran with English Leather sponsorship look terrible as a Funny Car.

GOOD

Trasin-pit-Vette.jpg

ShowtimeCorvette-vi.jpg

BAD

jim_epler.jpg

Photo courtesy NHRA.com

BLarson86-vi.jpg

Last edited:
(In my opinion, any Corvettes after the model Mongoose ran with English Leather sponsorship look terrible as a Funny Car.)
Paul;

I think that can be said about ALL Funny Car bodies. LOL

There are cars that would be awesome if someone would actually make a funny car body of:

1. Cadillac CTS-V coupe.

2. Chevy Camaro.

3. Dodge Challenger.

4. Mercedes C63 AMG.

5. New charger (the old one is from 2006... time to update)

Do you think anybody would recognize the difference???

1989 pisano black cutlass....best ever, body & paint, which includes hand
lettered contingency sponsors (when they let you do that)

I think the reason for not seeing the Corvette is that every time someone tries to run one, it blows up. :D

You can thank Jim Epler for that, but I never like it as an FC body, would of worked better for PS same with the CTS. How bout an XLR PS or a Nissan GTR?

I would like to see a Dodge Dart body on an fc. I also think think the Chevy Cruze would work. Even the Ford Taurus. Even Lamborghini or Ferrari would look nice as a thin body, but I dont think the target would fit with the market.

I'd like to see any body that actually looked the like the real car it was based on, and that goes for the carbed funny car class they laughingly call "Pro/Stock"

Even Lamborghini or Ferrari would look nice as a thin body, but I dont think the target would fit with the market.

Most Lamborghini or Ferrari owners aren't at the drag races. They're usually at the country clubs enjoying their wine and cheese. So yeah, drag racing is not their target market.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back