Friday at Firebird! (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Pro Stockers came out swinging in spite of a lot of wind and dust. Have to be impressed with Brogdon, Stevens and Koretsky.

F/C - ugly first round. Track just wouldn't hold. Round 2 - LOTS of wind!
Barometer had to be going up and down like a yo-yo! Some tuners got it very right - others very wrong. Great job by Guido and Ashley Force - John pulled up on the scooter and was grinning like the Cheshire Cat! Should be interesting to see if he can concentrate on his performance tomorrow -:D

T/F - round 1 - same story. Round 2 - they got after it! Lots of personal best runs. We were on the line very close to the cars - AJ made final adjustment, gave Tony the signal and walked away with a little grin.
Most impressive? - Mel at 4.49 and at Joe Hartley at 4.60 (it's only good for 13th, but 330.88 - amazing!). Doug Kalitta blew the burst panels and still ran 4.99 - look for a BIG move tomorrow.

Final observations - Erin and I had the best view from the line ever! We could actually feel heat from TF cars when they launched - :eek: Covered with rubber, windburned and lovin' it!
Conditions tomorrow should be incredible . . . I love this sport!

We were sitting in the sixth row of section P2; after the day was done, we looked like coal miners; thanks to the wind direction today, I inhaled more Nitro fumes in the stands than I did in the pits!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back