Firebird Friday (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Pits are full and everyone who ran was very agressive off the line - some great 60' times, but nowhere near a full run.
I had to leave at 4:00 - at that point a lot of cars had not made a pass. No JFR, Melanie, JR Todd, CSK, Ashley(Mike), Hillary and more.
Army, SkyTel and Doug Foley looked very strong. Kalitta cars did not - when Doug hit the throttle, the car picked one slick WAY up, chassis twisted and lifted up the other. Happened so fast that I'm not sure which wheel came up first! I hope there's a video of this.
Other thoughts - TJ's new body looks really cool - roof is much wider - doesn't look like an F16 fighter canopy. I got some photos, but haven't had time to figure out how to post em. I'll try to hook up with Bobby and Buzz tomorrow so we can get em up tomorrow night. Hopefully, we'll see full pulls tomorrow - Sunday could be spectacular - :cool:

DRC confirms Kalitta run! Darryl reports that the left wheel lifted a foot - that was what I thought, but I have never seen a TF do something that extreme. Team should probably break out tape measures and Magnaflux
equipment - pipe has to be bent or broke - :eek:

I saw a few pictures of that run and it was just weird. First the left rear was off the ground several inches and when it came down the right rear did the same. Anyone hear anything about a bunch of broken axles in the nitro cars? I wasn't able to confirm what I heard.

Thanks for the report, Jim. I guess that's why it's called "testing". I haven't heard what they were going after on that one with Dougie's red car. The run sounded interesting though. It takes 2 hands to handle a whopper... and it takes 2 slicks to make a good run!!!!!

Wow that has got to be really hard on a chassis when that happens. I'm just about to head out to the airport, I'm stoked can't you tell?:eek:

I'm going out today or Sunday. But first I 've got to take Haley out to the MX track for her to train, and test her dirtbike.
Anyone know if thay will be running on Monday?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back