Force announces new media driven endeavors (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
FORCE MAKES MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS REGARDING FUTURE

I LOVE this part of the announcement:

"Often lauded as drag racing’s P.T. Barnum, Force unveiled the John Force Racing Road Show, a multiple-trailer caravan that will travel the country in conjunction with Force’s four Ford Mustang Funny Car teams, spreading the gospel of NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing at movie theaters, malls, airports, and anywhere else Force thinks he can draw a crowd and sell the excitement of drag racing.

“I love this sport and I want as many people to see my hot rods as possible,” said Force. “Last year, we added a sponsor trailer to help our sponsors like Castrol, Auto Club, Ford, Mac Tools and BrandSource activate at the track with us. I want to take it to the next level and activate for my sponsors away from the track in the cities where we are racing."

....does anybody remember the Drag Safari?

ABOUT DAMN TIME! Glad to see JFR stepping up to the plate which NHRA should have done YEARS AGO!

Thanks for posting the link on the release, Tim. I was in a meeting at work and couldn't watch the announcement online.
The Road Show could be very cool. Excited to see how all this plays out.
Good luck to Courtney in testing as well.
Full length feature would be wicked!

Well, the online experiment had some...."Technical difficulties...", but....Mr. Bennett had the inside track and posted it just as the news conference was being addressed.

media thing should be interesting, malls,airports etc of what he said, kinda sad when a driver does this and not the actual sanctioning body, some body gotta step up and advertise the sport, great for john

Not usually a Force fan, however anything to promote, educate, and elevate awareness of the sport is great. I think the traveling trailers are a fantastic idea, and should help in the afore mentioned. Congratulations to Robert Hight on his promotion to the position of president of John Force Racing.

Who would have ever thought when my father shared at work with Robert's Uncle (instrumental in getting Robert started working on cars, working at a speed shop and going to drag races after he moved in with him) my earlier experiences with cars, working at a speed shop as well as the Sport of Drag Racing that it could evolve into something great like this, cool!

:);)

Last edited:
Extending on this....The John Force Entertainment thing.....

It's great to see them doing some shooting to tell JOHN'S STORY. Hopefully they will get behind the hype and focus on what is a very compelling story of a guy who has gone from the outhouse to the penthouse over a long career.

And...even nicer that they will be using RED Digital Camera's. Thanks Jim!

Got some great ideas and good people heading this project up

The BRUT team had 2 show cars for most/if not all events the whole time they were the major sponsor. I'm just sayin...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Snake and Mongoose used to display their Hot Wheels cars at the malls back in the 70's. I remember going as a kid and they had a giant Hot Wheels track set up and everyone brought their favorite cars and raced them for trophies.

Another year I remember that the tech inspection for the Cajun Nationals was held at the mall parking lot in Baton Rouge. That was kind of neat, all the shoppers got a car show that day.

I think what JFR is doing is slightly different than simply displaying their cars.

It's my understanding they will be putting together an 'event' for each display. Working with local car clubs, law enforcement and Ford dealerships to produce something which people will COME TO SEE as opposed to JUST HAPPEN TO PASS BY.

When Brut did their car show promotions, they were almost exclusively at Kroger and Wal-mart locations where Brut products were sold. The car was set up outside of the store and Ron would show up for a 1-2 hour autograph session. However, there wasn't much in the way of education. Just a great chance to meet a cool guy and see a car he drives. Plus, the display would happen either the day before the event or first day of the race. This didn't give too many people time to plan to head over to the track.

I don't know about you, but I like to plan my weekend activities on Monday when I head into work.

Perhaps something that would enhance the 'message' JFR is trying to put out with this, is to show up the week before? Work with the NHRA and local track to produce a 'discount ticket' for those who attend the event. Create a buzz and give people an opportunity to plan to head to the races. As it's been said before... BRING PEOPLE IN....AND THEY WILL BE HOOKED.

I think what JFR is doing is slightly different than simply displaying their cars.

It's my understanding they will be putting together an 'event' for each display. Working with local car clubs, law enforcement and Ford dealerships to produce something which people will COME TO SEE as opposed to JUST HAPPEN TO PASS BY.

When Brut did their car show promotions, they were almost exclusively at Kroger and Wal-mart locations where Brut products were sold. The car was set up outside of the store and Ron would show up for a 1-2 hour autograph session. However, there wasn't much in the way of education. Just a great chance to meet a cool guy and see a car he drives. Plus, the display would happen either the day before the event or first day of the race. This didn't give too many people time to plan to head over to the track.

I don't know about you, but I like to plan my weekend activities on Monday when I head into work.

Perhaps something that would enhance the 'message' JFR is trying to put out with this, is to show up the week before? Work with the NHRA and local track to produce a 'discount ticket' for those who attend the event. Create a buzz and give people an opportunity to plan to head to the races. As it's been said before... BRING PEOPLE IN....AND THEY WILL BE HOOKED.

That is how I was thinking, Tim. The Road Show could be a week or whatever ahead of the NHRA circus to promote the event. Lots of possibilities here.

As it's been said before... BRING PEOPLE IN....AND THEY WILL BE HOOKED.

Although I loved drag racing as a kid, I hadn't even watched a race since the American Sports Cavalcade years. On a whim, I decided it would be cool to reconnect with my dad and take him to Indy two years ago. I can honestly say that I have been absolutely ADDICTED ever since the first hit of a nitro funny car rattled my kidneys against my ribs and knocked my soda off the bleacher I was sitting on. Since then I have attended three more races, view drag racing related sites daily, drink Full Throttle daily, and shop preferentially at businesses that support the sport. Heck, I even named my new business after it!

There is nothing in the world like it and I couldn't agree more...get them there and they will be hooked! Great work JFR in being the ambassador our sport needs and dropping some of your own hard earned cash for the betterment and promotion of not just your team but the whole sport. Kudos!!

.....dropping some of your own hard earned cash for the betterment and promotion of not just your team but the whole sport. Kudos!!

i would put it this way........john is and always has been an excellent
salesman; this 2011 JFR package is just natural progression for john;
promise "X", then deliver "X plus"; how lucky can his sponsors be :)

I once saw John force's funny car set up near a gas station in Jackson, WY. As I got closer, it was easily apparent that it was an older car of John's and it was there as part of Castrol's marketing effort. I talked to the fellow that was there with the car. He told me that he traveled the country with the car
and displayed it in all manner of unlikely locations.
I have seen some NASCAR replicas in some unlikely places, as well.
This is a good idea to build the sport.
Cheers,
Ed
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

I'm all for this. Be it known that a JFR fan I am not. Still, that's what we NEED right now. John is a legend - and an incredible competitor, businessman.... and a great racecar driver and proven champion - PERIOD. Double thumbs up to them for doing this. Hopefully, a couple other teams will latch on; and maybe even some track owners in certain markets as well. It's about time someone bill this as entertainment. Because for most of the ticket buyers who go to 1 event a year for a day - that's ALL it is. Is it Monster Jam? No. But NHRA needs this, as well as Driving Force! Seeing empty seats at the Nationals on TV is just maddening. My hope is that Force's vision and efforts will inspire people to spend thier money on this awesome sport

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back