Force and T Ped going at it in the shutdown? (1 Viewer)

I will never again buy another part at Advance as long as their name is on a Pedregon car. And I would run Wesson oil before I'd put Quaker State in another vehicle.

Again, I'm not taking either side (force or ped) in this discussion...
but if we quit buying oil, and parts from these two companies mentioned above, you can certainly eliminate two more cars from the F/C field in the near future...

Do we really want to see that happen... the car counts are so low now, can we really afford to loose anymore?

Think of this impending move also... 8 car fields... 4 from Force / 4 from DSR... events held on 4 lane race tracks... Whoa-la! You've got National events that maybe last all of 4 or 5 hours?
I like the old days much better (see link)

NHRA.com Photo of the Week presented by Auto Imagery

Larry

Last edited:
As a forty year fan, I'm disappointed. I am, however, not unaware of how most big business works today.

Whenever two or more of anything are owned and controlled by the same group, there is only one "team". If you're not helping the team you're hurting it. Force and others are rounding errors on the balance sheet of BP and their ilk, and it's pretty much contribute or get run over. You can conduct yourself and your business ethically and with class, but when the "real" big money guys are calling the shots that's a rock and a hard place I wouldn't want to be in between.

I personally think the dive he took should have been into an ambulance and he could have watched the rest of the event with Coil.

overheard at Indy?

10 year old kid with John Force hat and shirt on: "Dad what just happened, the car just went to the right."

Dad: "Son, despite the fact that you've been looking forward to seeing John race for the first time in person, and we spent $300 to get here and tickets...well, John had to throw that race to let Robert Hight into the Countdown."

10 year old kid: "But why?, John intentionally lost? I thought he was a CHAMPION, I was looking forward to this all year."

Explanation?

Overheard at Major League Baseball game:

10-year-old boy wearing T-shirt and cap of (Choose one: Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriquez, Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire) "I hope (one of the above players) hits a home run today. They're my favorite player!"

Dad: "Well, (player) is a great hitter but a lot of the home runs he hit were helped along by the performance enhancing drugs he took."

10-year-old-boy: "You mean (player) was taking steroids so the ball would go farther when he hit it? But he's a big league player!"

Overheard at NFL football game:

10-year-old boy (wearing New York Giants T-shirt and cap): "I can't wait to see Plaxico Burress catch a touchdown pass today. He's a great wide receiver and my favorite player!

Dad: "Well, Plaxico won't be playing today. He was sent to prison for accidentally shooting himself with an unregistered handgun."

10-year-old boy: "He's a criminal? How can that be? He's a Super Bowl champion!

Overheard at NASCAR race:

10-year-old boy (wearing Jeremy Mayfield T-shirt and cap): "I hope Jeremy Mayfield wins the race today! He's my favorite driver!"

Dad: "Well, Jeremy won't be racing today and may not be back for a long time. He failed a random drug test and was suspended for substance abuse by NASCAR.

10-year-old boy: "Jeremy Mayfield was using drugs? How can that be? He's one of the best drivers out there!"

Explanation? Even our heroes are only human. We all are.

Thanks Bill, I needed the morning chuckle!
I fear you've made just too much sense here for the Force Haters to buy. They NEED this injustice to partially counter-balance all the good he's done for the sport so they can continue to hate him and your dosage of reality is just too much for them to swallow (and I fear understand.)
Thanks for all you have done for our sport and thanks for your comments.

Thanks. What's really important in all this is that we care enough about the sport to criticize it, defend it, accept what is, hope for better, but at the end of the day, remain in love it. Even when it's not easy to do. Kind of like having kids.

I don't think the Force bashing is due to his obvious dive but rather how he handled himself w/ Pedregon in front of the general public. He looked like a complete mess.

From this board and the many others it looks as if Force lost alot of the respect he had from fans/racers and the Pedregons earned some brownie points for speaking up.

This entire thread has gotten way to entertaining considering it’s all about some people trying to make a living. This whole discussion is about two groups of people trying to make a buck, the haves and the have not quite as much.

Thanks Bill for making my point ever more clear.

Yep, we must lump John Force into the same boat as Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and countless others!!

He has failed us as well!!

Thanks Bill!

If there is any justice in the world, Tim Wilkerson will go on a tear now and win the 2009 championship. And he will earn enough points that the mathematicians will determine that he would have won it under the more traditional format too.

That will make everyone happy and finish the year up on a high note!

All this talk of "fine them" and suspentions....for what.?? Two guys had a shouting match - nothing more. Neither Tony or John put their hands on each other. The only contact was the officials in the black & white shirt & the guy in the red shirt that kept grabing John and draging him away. FINE THEM

As far as dives go, get over it, like it or not gang we have a TEAM sport. Baseball does it - football does it. No big deal.

We had a great race, good preformance, for several days - it's a shame to put all the focus on a 70 second argument.

All this talk of "fine them" and suspentions....for what.?? Two guys had a shouting match - nothing more. Neither Tony or John put their hands on each other. The only contact was the officials in the black & white shirt & the guy in the red shirt that kept grabing John and draging him away. FINE THEM

As far as dives go, get over it, like it or not gang we have a TEAM sport. Baseball does it - football does it. No big deal.

We had a great race, good preformance, for several days - it's a shame to put all the focus on a 70 second argument.

.......oh no not Baseball and Football too, that's it you are all fired.....:D

Gee, my roll models growing up were Connie, Jungle, Reyes, Mike's Grandpa, Waterbed Fred, O'D, Jon, Sit Low... need I go on...

d'kid
see my tag line

Thanks Bill for making my point ever more clear.

Yep, we must lump John Force into the same boat as Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and countless others!!

He has failed us as well!!

Thanks Bill!

Steve, are you willing to admit all the others who have done it over the years and say the same about them or is this simply an opportunistic jab at Force? Let's be honest with ourselves. This isn't the first dive, first arguement, first NHRA rule questioned and/or first team to be involved.

Steve, are you willing to admit all the others who have done it over the years and say the same about them or is this simply an opportunistic jab at Force? Let's be honest with ourselves. This isn't the first dive, first arguement, first NHRA rule questioned and/or first team to be involved.
Bobby brings up an couple of interesting questions I have.

Has NHRA ever reviewed tape and Race Pak data to review round results because of diving?

Has anyone ever had a round win overturned because of diving, especially after the review?

I think, unless someone corrects me, the answer is no to both questions.

Great post Paul!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back