Firebird wanted update (1 Viewer)

Cheap Charlie just needs out walk the track it is worse condition than shut down old air strips. i walked it while i was a the finals for the boats in Nov.

I raced on abandoned WW2 airstrips in the 60's. I don't think you could get a Pro Stocker down a quarter mile of tilted concrete sections with tar between them at 6.49. Ditto for Top Fuelers going 3.72 @ 329.

Last time I raced at Firebird was in 2008 with Plueger & Austin NF/C deal, the track looked fine to me.

FYI Charlie Allen got the nick name Cheep'o Charlie for reasons not related to his operations of his race tracks.............You had to be there, I guess.

Can't anyone just retire from dragracing without having some tabloid voodoo rumors spread about it all. Just keeping it real folks.

Hey Larry I read somewhere, maybe NHRA.com, that Beckman has all the past FC World Champs listed inside the No.1 on his car, going back to when the winner of the Finals became the champ. And your dad is on the list, which I'm surprised I didn't remember. Pretty cool. Also, Phil Burgess did an update on the M/T cars in his column, and there's a photo of your dad driving one of Mickey's FCs, again, another fact that I wasn't aware of. Was always a fan of your dad's cars, pretty cool he's still getting recognized!

Hey Larry I read somewhere, maybe NHRA.com, that Beckman has all the past FC World Champs listed inside the No.1 on his car, going back to when the winner of the Finals became the champ. And your dad is on the list, which I'm surprised I didn't remember. Pretty cool. Also, Phil Burgess did an update on the M/T cars in his column, and there's a photo of your dad driving one of Mickey's FCs, again, another fact that I wasn't aware of. Was always a fan of your dad's cars, pretty cool he's still getting recognized!

Yep Fast Jack put all the names of former F/C Champs names on his car, pretty cool deal I thought, He said he was having a helmet done as well.

Yes My dad worked at Mickeys in 1969, did all the transmission, motor and rearend work on the funny cars, and a good portion of the tunning with Amos and Mickey on Danny's Blue car also drove the Yellow car with the Boss 429 motor in it.

Pulde drove Our car the Trojan Horse while Dad drove Mickeys, our car and the yellow car were more or less a test cars for much of when into Mickey's Blue car that was such a killer that year.

Last edited:
Harry - I saw that story a couple of days ago. All you have to do is throw in some sex and you have the makings of a soap opera... :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back