Firebird wanted update (1 Viewer)

Butch

Nitro Member
Got an email from Andi Kulaga @ Firebird wanting me to update my profile.
My responce was. The news I keep hearing is that Firebird will be closing the end of March. So why do I need to update?
How about you give me an update on the track closing, then I'll give you my update.

Now that's kind of funny there ;) I just wonder if we will hear an announcement about a new managment team next Moday after the races :confused:

Tom Compton mentioned at pre-race ceremonies that NHRA would be back next year. He hedged it a bit but it was clear to me that NHRA either has a deal with the Indians or is very close. Apparently it was mentioned at the Pomona drivers meeting as well.

There is enough confidence that they'll be back that Alan Reinhart did his usual "give tickets away to next year" game before the finals.

Correct me if I'm wrong (like thats a problem on this forum) but didn't I hear Dunn say durring the broadcast that they would be back next year.

Correct me if I'm wrong (like thats a problem on this forum) but didn't I hear Dunn say durring the broadcast that they would be back next year.

You are right, NHRA has reached there agreement months ago, Lucas has got this year covered for the drag boats but is still working on a future contract for boats

yes i am Gordons son, Cheap Charlie just needs out walk the track it is worse condition than shut down old air strips. i walked it while i was a the finals for the boats in Nov.

Not to change the subject, have some great memories of Final Effort back in the 80's a 90's. If I remember right....Tom Black wheeled it a few times along with Gaylord? Anyway....those were some crazy fun times! LOL!!

Not to change the subject, have some great memories of Final Effort back in the 80's a 90's. If I remember right....Tom Black wheeled it a few times along with Gaylord? Anyway....those were some crazy fun times! LOL!!

Yes those were grea times!! no if i could just find myself a ride it would be even better!!

yes i am Gordons son, Cheap Charlie just needs out walk the track it is worse condition than shut down old air strips. i walked it while i was a the finals for the boats in Nov.

Wasn't the track just resurfaced about 2 years ago after the Pro Stock guys were having all that trouble? I think Cruz also made reference to the condition of the track on Sundays broadcast.

that track hasnt been treated in years

Hmm, I don't think that's accurate, this is from Competition Plus 2/17/12:

One challenge facing all the teams heading to the Arizona desert is the racing surface at Firebird Raceway, which remains a bit of an unknown. After a total resurfacing a year ago, it has since hosted only one national event, which came in the extreme heat of last October, where temperatures reached triple digits.

Hmm, I don't think that's accurate, this is from Competition Plus 2/17/12:

One challenge facing all the teams heading to the Arizona desert is the racing surface at Firebird Raceway, which remains a bit of an unknown. After a total resurfacing a year ago, it has since hosted only one national event, which came in the extreme heat of last October, where temperatures reached triple digits.

then they need their money back, i walked the track in november and it was not in any type of cond. that showed it was reworked

Yeah, one of the Perdregon brothers said it looked like a patched up war zone. So resurfaced? Yes, High quality? Appears not!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back