Firebird track question (1 Viewer)

BrianT

Nitro Member
I was under the impression Radford driving school leased and ran the drag strip from the tribe but I didn't hear any reference that Radford was running this event.
Does the tribe still run/operate the drag racing facility (Firebird Motorsports Park)?

I was under the impression Radford driving school leased and ran the drag strip from the tribe but I didn't hear any reference that Radford was running this event.
Does the tribe still run/operate the drag racing facility (Firebird Motorsports Park)?
Wild horse pass to remain open
That link is to the article I remember seeing that says it’s radford operating the venue. I didn’t see a lot of reference to it over the weekend outside of the big R logos in a few places. But the article makes it sound like the tribe still has a hand in some of the events, if not complete control, not fully clear.

Wild horse pass to remain open
That link is to the article I remember seeing that says it’s radford operating the venue. I didn’t see a lot of reference to it over the weekend outside of the big R logos in a few places. But the article makes it sound like the tribe still has a hand in some of the events, if not complete control, not fully clear.
I read that also but it doesn't say anything about Radford running NHRA events, only Radford students. Just curious.

Said the school in its official statement: “Radford Racing School, the world’s premier driving and racing school, announced today that it has expanded its business in Chandler, Ariz., by collaborating with the Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park on the Gila River Indian Reservation to keep the 10-turn, 1.25-mile road course; the 11-turn, 1.1-mile road course with 3/8-mile straightaway; and the ¼-mile NHRA- sanctioned drag strip open and available to Radford students.

Speaking of track questions......Is it just me?

1712578471488.png
1712578584354.png

Yes, the track is now located under the water...... hahahahahahahaha

BTW, Radford did a lot of upgrades. Paved staging lanes, new paint, etc. Saw that when I went to the Div 7 race. Am thinking it might be a good idea to re-pave the track. Has been a long time since last paving.

Yes, the track is now located under the water...... hahahahahahahaha

BTW, Radford did a lot of upgrades. Paved staging lanes, new paint, etc. Saw that when I went to the Div 7 race. Am thinking it might be a good idea to re-pave the track. Has been a long time since last paving.
Speaking of track questions......Is it just me?

View attachment 14339View attachment 14340
That is such a great location for a track! Right off I 10, just south of Phoenix, a major city. Pretty place too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back