Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park To Stay Open (1 Viewer)

Mark Rebilas posted this on FB recently;

Great news with the announcement that Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park will be staying open as the Radford driving school takes over running the track. Not sure how long the lease is for but this is great news for NHRA drag racing fans/racers in Arizona.

364754824_844541327028594_9183718372391700273_n.jpg 363854578_844543423695051_5130329782389506502_n.jpg

That's great, but with the ON & OFF future of the land makes for a difficult time getting any long term commitments from sponsors and show bookings

Does the fact that the track is staying open automatically mean that the national event is still happening? From what I understand Heartland is not closing, but not having an event.

I also heard that Bandimere might be having a few more national events but there are all kinds of rumours circulating. You never know what to believe these days.

AZDOT problems with new interchange and highway expansion? good short term news for firebird int'l raceway

The only thing I got out of that letter is that the Radford Driving School is going to continue using the track for their classes. It doesn't say anything about scheduling any NHRA events.

The only thing I got out of that letter is that the Radford Driving School is going to continue using the track for their classes. It doesn't say anything about scheduling any NHRA events.
I got the same thing out of it, Ted, but maybe I'm reading it wrong. The letter says, in regards to the tracks, "these tracks will now be available to Radford students". Ok, but does that mean Radford students ONLY? I don't know, I hope not. The letter did say there was quite a few much-upgraded areas of the tracks including family centers, etc and that sounds like they're planning on events other than students-only.

I got the same thing out of it, Ted, but maybe I'm reading it wrong. The letter says, in regards to the tracks, "these tracks will now be available to Radford students". Ok, but does that mean Radford students ONLY? I don't know, I hope not. The letter did say there was quite a few much-upgraded areas of the tracks including family centers, etc and that sounds like they're planning on events other than students-only.
I understand it as the Redford School have reached an agreement to lease the property from Wild Horse. Now it is up to them if they want to strike a deal with NHRA to let them use the drag strip. I can’t imagine them leasing it and not at least exploring the options of renting it out to NHRA.

Finally nice to hear some good news for a change.

wonder why the headline isn't 'wild horse pass motorsports park to remain open in collaboration with NHRA'?
it's not on the '24 schedule yet.

wonder why the headline isn't 'wild horse pass motorsports park to remain open in collaboration with NHRA'?
it's not on the '24 schedule yet.
The ‘24 schedule won’t be out until at least Indy, maybe later. Don’t count it out.

I read an interview that was done yesterday with the NHRA VP of Marketing, talks with the Radford school are ongoing about putting the track back on the NHRA schedule. More to come Im sure.

Definitely good news; will NHRA still have an event there next year? Or will some arrangement need to be made with the Redford School, like a sub-lease?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back