ESPN Wake Up!!! For God's sake! (1 Viewer)

Speedy_Sticks

Nitro Member
I am sure I heard a driver saying that he wished NHRA was better marketed overseas?

Here in the UK we only have about one and a half hours of coverage per event, (granted with less breaks so it makes it seem it is longer!)

But now here in the UK with have ESPN and ESPN America, surely we now can have NHRA Drag Racing - both the qualifying and the main show, even the NHRA Raceday shows here in the UK?!

DAMMIT ESPN wake up! I wish I could find somebody who is responsible for ESPN programming here in the UK!

IF TNN was still around I bet they would make more effrot to make their channel viewable here in the UK - either via an international satilite tv service or as part of a TV package over here in England!?

Cheers

James S Welling
[email protected]

PS Could it be that the Channel 5 contract to show NHRA drag racing has to be ended before ESPN show it onn their main channels here in the UK?

didn't want to start another thread and this is similar regarding race
coverage (or lack thereof) so thought i'd stick it here.

the Minneapolis Star Tribune has an article titled 'Lucas takes top fuel pole
after rain shortens day'........last updated 8/17. (that's monday)
the article mentions #1 qualifiers and has no reports of race winners.
it's now wed. evening.
the article is also accompanied by (2) negative comments.
pathetic.

I am not too concerned with not getting any newspaper exposure anymore. Newspaper is a dead medium. No one under the age of fifty reads them, and 10 years from now we are going to have to explain to kids in high school what newspapers were.

As for ESPN coverage in England ... I don't know. NHRA pays ESPN for airtime, I don't know if ESPN wants more money to be on the international feeds or not. If they do, you can bet NHRA won't pay it. My best recommendation is to go to the website of the ESPN channel in question and go thru the "contact us" link and email everybody on the list. Do the same at NHRA.com. Get all of your friends to do it. Maybe you will get a response ...

should have stated the star tribune article i was reading was
the online version..........

should have stated the star tribune article i was reading was
the online version..........

It is still a function of the newspaper and they are obviously not on top of it. I caught that it was the online edition. The same lack of money that affects the newspaper biz affects their website ...

ESPN must not consider NHRA much of a reportable sport. Heck, when is the last time they even listed highlights from their own ESPN2 on the main ESPN summary show?

ESPN must not consider NHRA much of a reportable sport. Heck, when is the last time they even listed highlights from their own ESPN2 on the main ESPN summary show?

You got that right, I remember a few years ago they did a special "fifty states in fifty days" naming all of the "important" sporting events in all fifty states, of course I just knew when Indiana came up there would be the Indy 500 and the US Nationals, the Indy 500 was on the list but not one word about the biggest drag racing event of the year, and THEY are the ones who cover it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back