ESPN2 vs. ESPN3 Ratings Question (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
ESPN3 is fantastic and a great way to watch drag racing. No commericals, full coverage, no censoring when they are not recording for tv. I see this being a 100% plus for fans (like me) who don't want to be held hostage for 3 hours of espn2. How much of an adverse effect can this have for ESPN2 ratings? Does it matter since it's all espn networks? Are ratings being kept on ESPN3? ESPN3 in my opinion is the future of drag racing broadcasts and I could even see the espn2 deal going sour.

Why can't this be a start to a possible NHRA TV channel or even a special espn channel that will live feed events? Pay Per View failed for drag racing any most live shows have because of two things. Drag racing fans are not gonna pay to watch and a live show can not have a timeslot. How bout espn designating a live feed channel (I know there are many, many on demand channels) that can live feed a race for a weekend. Do it for free and accept donations/feedback and I bet you would see sponsorship pouring in for the show.

Even if it just stays web based, it's a huge opportunity for sponsors because adds could then be targeted.

I love watching the Friday qualifying show.Its just more laid back and you get more of a feel for everyones real personalities.Not so sponsor driven and P.C.

Last edited:
I agree Espn 3 is much better it cuts out all the BS. On Espn 2 you couldn't even get through 1st round without 10 Force interviews, it ridiculous. There's other drivers too ya know.

I agree Espn 3 is much better it cuts out all the BS. On Espn 2 you couldn't even get through 1st round without 10 Force interviews, it ridiculous. There's other drivers too ya know.

I watched the first few runs on ESPN3 and saw way too much about the "Marquee Matchup"..I'm a Force fan, but really...enough is enough.

I love watching the Friday qualifying show.Its just more laid back and you get more of a feel for everyones real personalities.Not so sponsor driven and P.C.

Totally agree. It's as if I'm watching the race with the announcers in my living room, warts and all. Love the commercial-free telecast and the witty banter amongst the broadcasters. Wish Dave Rieff and John Kernan got more airtime, as their personalities shine on the ESPN3 coverage. Here's to hoping they continue to broadcast Friday qualifying.

I watched the first few runs on ESPN3 and saw way too much about the "Marquee Matchup"..I'm a Force fan, but really...enough is enough.

Well the issue there is the producer. For sunday your still seeing the same hype matchups that you would on tv. Someone has to tell the guy doing the broadcasts who's a FORCE lover that after awhile it really is enough. Force is fantastic and nobody can deny him that, but we dont need to see a flip flop of force vs. non force coverage.

My ISP doesn't carry ESPN3. I wish there was a work around. :(

Rapid

Got a friend with verizon or any other ISP that will? My dad's did not accept it but I was able to key in my user info at his house for the isp i use and it worked.

I really enjoyed the drivers putting on the headphones and microphones right after they ran on ESPN3 also.

I really like the friday qualifying
And I like that if you miss a little of it you can go back later and watch the replay show later.
and I still watch the show on espn/2 qualifying and eliminations.
....and like was already said...I like it when some of the drivers put on the headphones and we get to know something new about them,or they tell us how the track is,or how the car just ran...

Watched the Race on ESPN3.... Listening to the Audiocast.... as close to being there while sitting at home....

By the way, the answer is Always behind logo number TWO.... :D:rolleyes:

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back