ESPN - why, please God why!? (1 Viewer)

Speedy_Sticks

Nitro Member
Ok, so NHRA is not to badly covered by ESPN, but they are crap for us here in the UK!

I would love to watch the NHRA 2009 season here in the UK.

Can't get ESPN International over here, nor can we watch NHRA via ESPN360.

How the bloody hell can you contact them, ESPN360 is sh*t for support and I can't find the relivent e-mail address for ESPN International!

Bloody crappy support ESPN!!! Not impressed!

Sorry but I am INCREDIBILLY angry about this!

Cheers

James S Welling
[email protected]

Ok, so NHRA is not to badly covered by ESPN, but they are crap for us here in the UK!

I would love to watch the NHRA 2009 season here in the UK.

Can't get ESPN International over here, nor can we watch NHRA via ESPN360.

How the bloody hell can you contact them, ESPN360 is sh*t for support and I can't find the relivent e-mail address for ESPN International!

Bloody crappy support ESPN!!! Not impressed!

Sorry but I am INCREDIBILLY angry about this!

Cheers

James S Welling
[email protected]

James tell us how you really feel:D

Took me less than 10 seconds ... clicked "Contact Us" at bottom of ESPN.com homepage ... then clicked ESPN/ABC Networks ... then clicked UK ... just fill out the form James, it's all setup from here:

ESPN - Contact Us

Good luck .... yer gonna need it.

My guess is since NHRA pays for their air time on the ESPN networks ... that they are not also paying the international fees ... so ESPN broadcasts stuff of local interest to get much better ratings on the ESPN International channels. For instance, I was in the Bahamas in September on a Monday night, and instead of getting Monday night football on ESPN International ... we got a cricket match.

Took me less than 10 seconds ... clicked "Contact Us" at bottom of ESPN.com homepage ... then clicked ESPN/ABC Networks ... then clicked UK ... just fill out the form James, it's all setup from here:

ESPN - Contact Us

Good luck .... yer gonna need it.

My guess is since NHRA pays for their air time on the ESPN networks ... that they are not also paying the international fees ... so ESPN broadcasts stuff of local interest to get much better ratings on the ESPN International channels. For instance, I was in the Bahamas in September on a Monday night, and instead of getting Monday night football on ESPN International ... we got a cricket match.

On the other hand, ESPN in South Africa has COMMERCIALS for NHRA Drag Racing more often than they do for freakin US baseball (litereally every other commercial break), and the drags were on at least 3 days a week when I was there last year...

im in canada and you cannot get espn2 here , so i got a free to air satellite reciever just so i can watch my drag racing , be lost without it

James,
When Channel Five shows the NHRA highlights in the middle of the night, I email them to say thank you.
When they don't, I send a polite note hoping they might start again.
No idea if it has any effect (they always acknowledge, at least) but if lots more people tried it, perhaps it would help.
Plenty cheaper than installing a dish, unless you live in one of those areas that still can't pick up C5. Freeview digi-box?

James,
When Channel Five shows the NHRA highlights in the middle of the night, I email them to say thank you.
When they don't, I send a polite note hoping they might start again.
No idea if it has any effect (they always acknowledge, at least) but if lots more people tried it, perhaps it would help.
Plenty cheaper than installing a dish, unless you live in one of those areas that still can't pick up C5. Freeview digi-box?

Lol you guys have freeview too? lol , my dad had his own mini war with freeview he thought it was false advertising on their part saying its free when you have to pay so much money to set it up and buy it lol .

Here in New Zealand you can get whats known as Sky Digital , they air ESPN and show the nhra pro races and the sportsman races though it is usually a week late but hey still awesome to be able to watch it .

Those are geo stationary satelites so their footprint is only over North America. So those of us in Asia and Europe are SOL.

S/F
D

D- geo what? You mean they make satellites that do that?
Oh btw, snow and 5 degrees in the 80011 only two days ago. Today, sunny and 60!
And am i the only one who read the title of this thread and thought of good old Chris Crooker?
'leave britany alone'!
Or maybe it was Nancy Carrigan after tonya's Boy put the pipe on her knee?

D- geo what? You mean they make satellites that do that?
Oh btw, snow and 5 degrees in the 80011 only two days ago. Today, sunny and 60!
And am i the only one who read the title of this thread and thought of good old Chris Crooker?
'leave britany alone'!
Or maybe it was Nancy Carrigan after tonya's Boy put the pipe on her knee?
I'm sure some of them pointed at your golf balls are that way:D The title does have a Kerriganesque ring to it. Its been "cold" rainy windy and in the 50's here the last few weekends and sunny and 60s during the work week, but we're not shovelling snow.

S/F
D

LOL, might as well ask them if they get XM. I don't think the satellite signal bends around the earth! ;) :D

It's "up there"! LOL.

Maybe we can set up a few mirrors! :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back