ESPN coverage is Horrible !!!!! (1 Viewer)

baxter

Nitro Member
set my DVR to record at 3 am and still got bumped by stupid x-game reruns what a deal !! NHRA get a clue your TV package is worse than Bowling !!

Okay, it happens. The show is going to re-air in 15 minutes. You didn't miss a thing. I promise! Nobody was up at 3am, and with the promise of a re-air, they didn't care if it got bumped i'm sure.

The early qualifying show is Saturday at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN2, followed by the conclusion of qualifying several hours later at 3 a.m. ET. The late-night show will re-air the following day, on Sunday beginning at 11 a.m. ET.\

EDIT - I just checked my DVR of the show to check, and it was delayed 15 mins but aired in full.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here at the hotel watching it right now. But I would rather be at the track getting ready for first round.:(

That huge red blob approaching on the radar indicates it's probably going to be a long afternoon.

set my DVR to record at 3 am and still got bumped by stupid x-game reruns what a deal !! NHRA get a clue your TV package is worse than Bowling !!

I am sure there is a function on your DVR that allows you to set a start-time earlier than the selected program, and an extended record time to go past the selected program....the default is usually selected for you, which is the official timeslot on the program menu. When it comes to sports, I've learned to "saddle" the program by quite a bit...but then I don't keep them forever either (especially HD recordings)...I delete after I've watched my fill of the action....it's a good way to go unless you're worried about space-savings

and the red blob seems to be moving at a pretty good clip....might be racing within 3 hours....though that's my positive mojo I usually use as I wait inside my car in the parking lots staring at the back of dripping stands

Last edited:
The ESPN / JFR love affair is too much. Totally biased. It's so unfair for the other teams, their sponsors, and their fans.

We missed Wilk's great run.

The ESPN / JFR love affair is too much. Totally biased. It's so unfair for the other teams, their sponsors, and their fans.

In the interest of fair reporting, Mike Neff, Courtney Force, Terry Haddock, and Justin Schriefer were all trying to make the field, and all of their runs were shown. Yes they followed Neff around a bit more, but everyone trying to bump in was given equal time.

Lately it's been a Ron Crapps love affair...and let's face it..is there honestly a bigger drag racing legend than John Force competing these days? Love him or hate him,he's the single biggest icon in the sport today.

you have nitro cars qualifying @ night and the 1 hour show this morning
begins with and shows almost the entire PSB field. :confused:

go back to the 1/2 hour nhra today style show; show hi-lites of qualifying
starting with the nitro cars and stars; use the baca gal to host.

anyone else getting the real slow audio? I thought it was the Devil at first and the show was possessed.

yes....just the announcers....the track audio works fine....

it's a live show, so they are busy (especially with the rain delay) editing and voicing over for the ESPN2 TV broadcast....we're bound to get a peek here and there at the man behind the curtain....

I still love it....

anyone else getting the real slow audio? I thought it was the Devil at first and the show was possessed.

I was just going to ask if anybody else was getting the "Paul is dead" audio track too...I guess so

I don't know if anybody else here watches ALMS, but they have a similair TV package; ESPN3 live and tape delayed on broadcast TV...but ALMS' ESPN3 show is 1000% more professional than NHRA's...it is sad

Today's show was MUCH better than yesterday. Thank you ESPN for fairer coverage and the tech segments. I call you guys out on your b.s but I also want to praise you for your good work. Thanx again.
-a happy viewer

I don't know if anybody else here watches ALMS, but they have a similair TV package; ESPN3 live and tape delayed on broadcast TV...but ALMS' ESPN3 show is 1000% more professional than NHRA's...it is sad

Hey, I've knocked them too, mostly due to Mr I have a Ferrari and I buy Ultralights from famous racers...but it's tough comparing ESPN3 Drags to anything else....it's a unique format. I think ALMS/RolexSeries/Indy/F1 etc all have a good solid tech group for color commenting...most have either raced, crewed, or announced a long time. It can bite them as well....Dunn tends to be just the right mix as far as the Pro on the broadcast, he's knowledgeable, and has a bit of humility as they usually have to pull stories out of him. Having a Pro(s) on the broadcast can also be annoying. Willy T Ribbs absolutely killed the Indy broadcasts on NBCSports there for a while, as it quickly became "me me, I, I" in almost every circumstance....hey, I understand, he was trying to kick start his comeback, but man, it made for annoying TV....so too much is as bad as not enough.

I happen to think Hobbs, Matchett and Buxton make F1 a wonderful show....

but it IS an artform, and it's tough to make everyone happy, I realize this...so I just b*tch and moan a bit, then get back to enjoying my racing...

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back