DRO scoop? (1 Viewer)

Be very careful what you wish for...you might just get it! Smith is a business man first, and always. Tradition, the past? Don't think so. NHRA is like any large corporation as they do some things well and others, not so much. We have a 24 race series that seems to do pretty well right now but there are many things on the NHRA plate at this moment. Safety, safety and then maybe a special group to look into safety. I hope they're aren't distracted by anything else.

The next poster says the folks at NHRA are nothing "but cash grubbin'robbers/thieves."

After watching the Div 7 LODRS at Sonoma this weekend from the comfort of the tower I wondered where all those racers would go play if BS purchased NHRA and decided the small potatos wasn't worth it.

Some of you guys act like anybody but Light/Compton would be better than anybody but Light/Compton. While BS can do whatever he wants, lets look at what BS is up to right now. A four lane drag strip? Dog and pony shows on the horizon? And no plans, from what I see, or even a consideration to host a division event for the sportsman racers at his new facility meaning what? Good question.

A lot of people inside the NHRA still have Wally's vision. Selling out could mean just that. While BS may be a great guy, I'm concerned about the direction he would take the company, and being a business man first it would have to mean that return on $$ for the stockholders would take preference over the needs of the grass roots racers.

Like Dave said. "Be very careful what you wish for...you might just get it!"

RG I see your point, BS is all about business. Yet I still think there are people within NHRA that could do FAR more for this sport than what Compton/Light have done.

If I have to choose between Bobby and Jeff, as far as who has the best record of being right, I'm going with Bobby...........Everytime

I think the last time Bobby was way off base, I was going to drive a Funny Car-LOL

Alan

If I have to choose between Bobby and Jeff, as far as who has the best record of being right, I'm going with Bobby...........Everytime

I think the last time Bobby was way off base, I was going to drive a Funny Car-LOL

Alan

I wouldn't call that WAY off base... Perhaps in Left Field, but in the ball park..????;)

The next poster says the folks at NHRA are nothing "but cash grubbin'robbers/thieves."

After watching the Div 7 LODRS at Sonoma this weekend from the comfort of the tower I wondered where all those racers would go play if BS purchased NHRA and decided the small potatos wasn't worth it.

Some of you guys act like anybody but Light/Compton would be better than anybody but Light/Compton. While BS can do whatever he wants, lets look at what BS is up to right now. A four lane drag strip? Dog and pony shows on the horizon? And no plans, from what I see, or even a consideration to host a division event for the sportsman racers at his new facility meaning what? Good question.

A lot of people inside the NHRA still have Wally's vision. Selling out could mean just that. While BS may be a great guy, I'm concerned about the direction he would take the company, and being a business man first it would have to mean that return on $$ for the stockholders would take preference over the needs of the grass roots racers.

Like Dave said. "Be very careful what you wish for...you might just get it!"

Wow-i see this one way different. How many feeder series has Bruton/Humpy/Charlotte speedway spawned? Legends? Bandeleros? Thunder roadsters? They race them on the small oval on the front straight most Weds nites. They've had TV coverage for 13 year olds racing!
As far as dog+ pony shows-If Marcus follows Humpys lead-That pony would have a jet motor shooting flames out its a** and the dog would be jumping 13 school buses!:D This is the team that has had a full on military raid with air cover as warm up entertainment to a race. :eek: Can you imagine what they could do with the down time-it surley wouldnt be the Full Throttle guys shooting t-shrits in the stands.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back