DRO scoop? (2 Viewers)

john

Nitro Member
Check out agent 1320....... or 1000', whatever he is now.

::: Drag Racing Online ::: Columns - Agent 1320 - 8/1/2008

"DRO editor Jeff Burk now believes, based upon some recent information he has received, the chances are very good that after the U.S. Nationals at the first race of NHRA’s chase to the Championship that the Smith family and their company SMI will announce their purchase of the NHRA."

If this is true I hope that they don't "de-traditionalize" the sport.

You mean make every track 4 lanes??? I'll believe it when I see it as well, Bruton is 76 years old! And I know Chris Powell and his other track mgrs. want nothing to do with running the NHRA full time!

There is too much smoke around the SMI takeover of NHRA for there not to be any fire. I am sure there is a bunch of offer-counter offer going on now. NHRA set the price in the failed HDP deal ... so you know Bruton is going to lowball the hell out of that price ... not to mention golden parachutes for the top brass ... doubt Bruton will take care of them as well as HDP was going to.

I'd be shocked if it happen. With the 4 lane track deal I'm not sure I'd want it to, unless he would either drop the clowndown or at least have the playoff teams actually race each other.

Besides if this was going to happen anywhere near the time of Indy don't you think it would be announced at Indy to drive the publicity of it up?

ok....Popcorn...
animated-popcorn.gif

CHECK..(thx to Loder..!)

....3D Glasses to see all the SPECIAL EFFECTS....
3-d-glasses-traditional.gif

Even has instructions on how they are to be used....!

ok... and Bottle Of Cristal to pop open once the sale is complete...

champagne-cristal1.jpg

Yo...Yo...Yo... I'm set DOG!!!!

Oh, and Mills Lane.. Do you have anything to add to this Sir???

cdmxena19.jpg

"Let's get it ON!!"

Okay, I'm Holding my breath until my Birthday...
If, 42 days from now there is no announcement, Burk is going to owe me bigtime. Ya'll know how hard it is to hold your breath the entire month of August, then the first eleven days of September? I may have to start drinking again....

d'kid
Bourbon: Breakfast of Champions

ok, being that i am currently on siesta in wrightsville beach, nc and holding a chilled glass of southern comfort.............I believe this 110 percent.

ok, being that i am currently on siesta in wrightsville beach, nc and holding a chilled glass of southern comfort.............I believe this 110 percent.

Steve,
You're laying on The Beach, with an Internet connection and a chilled bottle of Comfort? Works for me, but I prefer my Comfort Janis Style, warm, right outta the bottle, with a beer chaser:)

d'kid

Steve,
You're laying on The Beach, with an Internet connection and a chilled bottle of Comfort? Works for me, but I prefer my Comfort Janis Style, warm, right outta the bottle, with a beer chaser:)

d'kid

Karl I feel ya. But the ladies enjoy SoCo with Dr. Pepper on ice and so do I. To tease even more, we're all set to head to downtown wilmington, nestle by the cape fear river at a eatery which of course (like me) endorses SoCo.

I expect to be feelin' good all weekend so this BRUT/Southern Comfort Dodge could be all over the track at top end or my post could waver. And we expect to run to 1320 this weekend. I refuse to pull the chutes til Monday.

Stacey, Allison, and Lisa are making shots of SoCo for Mark and I as I type.

Karl I feel ya. But the ladies enjoy SoCo with Dr. Pepper on ice and so do I. To tease even more, we're all set to head to downtown wilmington, nestle by the cape fear river at a eatery which of course (like me) endorses SoCo.

I expect to be feelin' good all weekend so this BRUT/Southern Comfort Dodge could be all over the track at top end or my post could waver. And we expect to run to 1320 this weekend. I refuse to pull the chutes til Monday.

Stacey, Allison, and Lisa are making shots of SoCo for Mark and I as I type.

Kat likes hers chilled with a bit of lime juice... y'all have fun... I'm goin' to have to talk Kat into another trip down to the Outer Banks...

d'kid

Kat likes hers chilled with a bit of lime juice... y'all have fun... I'm goin' to have to talk Kat into another trip down to the Outer Banks...

d'kid

kat sounds like a phenomenal gal.

BTW, Bruton needs to take down all the 330mph JF signs in Charlotte. Or replace them with a "0" instead of "3", ie 300. Hell, I can't tell if Bruton's signs are JF or Ashley. Hell they drive the same paint some races.

BOLD PREDICTION: AT&T IS OUT OF NASCAR AND SPONSORS Ashley in a move to combat Motorola and Danica.

Late

Uh I think we have treaded these waters before.
B Smith was interested and NHRA was quick to say they were not for sale right before the Partners Deal came along.

Well that went south and now there might not be enough fuel to finish the season due to short sightedness of not have multiple sourses for fuel.

So the original buyer Smith [ who most likely might not have wanted to keep NHRA officials after the buyout ] is rumored to be at the table again so I really don't feel it is out of the realm of possibilities.

It will take a some doing to get past the fact that Pro Racing is not a very green sport in an environment of tight money and ever more dangerious speeds and the balancing act between performance and safety.

Me I think just like in Washington we need leadership badly and I think NHRA Pro needs leadership and vision to keep sixteen car fields, starting like right now.

I love pop corn!

Is this good or bad ? . Maybe the business men at the top are feeling like they have put too much on there plate and want to just wash there hands of it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back