CPR changes (2 Viewers)

I thought Medlin left Capps’ team to retire? I understand why you’d leave Capps’ to retire (finish on a high) but why would you un-retire yourself to work with battlers like Paul Lee or Cruz?

I thought Medlin left Capps’ team to retire? I understand why you’d leave Capps’ to retire (finish on a high) but why would you un-retire yourself to work with battlers like Paul Lee or Cruz?
I believe he was full time with capps,going to every race,working at shop. Now i believe he is a consultant,not going to every race and limited time if any at shop???

he likely wanted away from the daily grind in the shop and on the road. As a consultant he can go home after every race and may not attend them all. I don't see why he couldn't consult for both Cruz and Lee unless he has an exclusive contract with one of them.

I wonder if Cruz would have still made the move for Bunker if he had known Medlen wasn’t coming along too. Bunker has done a great job with first Tony Jurado and then Paul Lee but at this point in his career is he ready to turn out 3.80’s on a regular basis and not tear up parts? I’m not saying he can’t do it but it may take some time and parts to get there.

Just saw on Facebook that he plans on running the "Californa Charger" N/FC next year. Wondering if it will be part of the legends series.

Just saw on Facebook that he plans on running the "Californa Charger" N/FC next year. Wondering if it will be part of the legends series.

That Legends Series sure worked out well for the fans this year. They ran good; ran fast; ran close; and most importantly there were few if any oil downs that I am aware of. That last one is so important so as to not delay the Big Show. I wonder if all those teams got together and agreed to run the cars a little softer so as not to blow things up?

That Legends Series sure worked out well for the fans this year. They ran good; ran fast; ran close; and most importantly there were few if any oil downs that I am aware of. That last one is so important so as to not delay the Big Show. I wonder if all those teams got together and agreed to run the cars a little softer so as not to blow things up?
I think running 1000' probably helped that out

Is that accurate? I don't recall them running to 1000' at Pomona for example, as the ET's were similar to what they run at Bakersfield.
I know they were Vegas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209-083720_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209-083720_Chrome.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 69
He probably lurks, like a lot of people do here, but say they don't.

Yes, I got a phone call from one of the world champion lurkers a few years ago because of what was said here (by me). They value their forum footprint but know better than to get involved, especially when there is a possibility their sponsors may be lurkers as well. There were a handful of "pros" that used to contribute years ago that left one by one because certain people would use their transparency here as an opportunity to bash them. They can't win here.

Yes, I got a phone call from one of the world champion lurkers a few years ago because of what was said here (by me). They value their forum footprint but know better than to get involved, especially when there is a possibility their sponsors may be lurkers as well. There were a handful of "pros" that used to contribute years ago that left one by one because certain people would use their transparency here as an opportunity to bash them. They can't win here.
True, at a time in history this forum could be quite hairy. However, it has calmed down. Ultimately, I don't see a scenario where it could work. There're too many forum members who are hardheaded and rude, and too many "pros" who are insecure and thin skinned.

I tend to think now there's no reason for them to interact here when you have access to other social media platforms where you can control the narrative.

True, at a time in history this forum could be quite hairy. However, it has calmed down. Ultimately, I don't see a scenario where it could work. There're too many forum members who are hardheaded and rude, and too many "pros" who are insecure and thin skinned.

I tend to think now there's no reason for them to interact here when you have access to other social media platforms where you can control the narrative.

Yes, unless they can participate under an alias or something.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back