CPR changes (1 Viewer)

Since I retired I'm getting bored. I'm actually thinking of applying for a job at Home Depot just for something to do. Maybe Medlin's "Home Depot" has "Snap On" on the doors.
Since you’re retired, why would you want to give that up in order to deal with the general public?

Since I retired I'm getting bored. I'm actually thinking of applying for a job at Home Depot just for something to do. Maybe Medlin's "Home Depot" has "Snap On" on the doors.

Hey Randy,

Legit question, if I called you and said "I'm running a TAFC and need some help. I'll pay you to come to the races 10-12 times a year to help us figure this out."

You know who I am, you know I have good parts and know how to win but am stuck in a rut. You don't want a full time job, but would this get you out of the house to come help?

Alan

Randy, when I decide to go back to school and finish my degree I also decided to take a pay cut and work at Home Depot; first in the tool/hardware department and later in tool rentals. Well as the saying goes, "There's no such thing as a dumb question." If you go to work at Home Depot, you'll get them daily. Example, once a guy wanted to rent a 6 gal. Porter-Cable compressor used for finish work to paint his car and asked how long would it take.

I got hundreds of those stories. But on the other hand, they were the only thing worth remembering.

Hey Randy,

Legit question, if I called you and said "I'm running a TAFC and need some help. I'll pay you to come to the races 10-12 times a year to help us figure this out."

You know who I am, you know I have good parts and know how to win but am stuck in a rut. You don't want a full time job, but would this get you out of the house to come help?

Alan

Hi Alan:

It might, but I'm pretty sure a lot has changed. 2012 Winternationals is the last time I ran my TA/FC, and boy did we have fun. I'm wondering if I would have much to offer.

Randy

You guys kill me. Cruz has been with Snap-On for more than 30 years, and they just announced a 3 year extension.

He has full hospitality, owns (not leases) his race shop in Brownsburg the team has everything they want or need, and you guys have decided he has budget issues?
He's doing OK, believe it or not.

I have spoken to quite a few people who have worked for Cruz, all of whom speak highly of him as an employer. Yet somehow some of the people here think they know what's going on inside his organization.

If you are a true student of the game then you should know that this stuff ain't easy. Many teams work for years trying to find the magic, and when they do, you try to hold on to it as long as you can.

Cruz knows how it works, he is trying to find the right chemistry. He hired JC and the whole team. He bought the car from DSR that TJ had been driving and the guys were comfortable with and stuck with the plan for three years. Three years! It's not like he started piling pressure on after three races.

Not blaming anybody, but it wasn't working. So you try something else.

Just my opinion,
Alan
Alan, so you are saying CPR has'nt caught the magic yet... Correct me if wrong - JC and crew were the longest.

Saw on Facebook that he's out here at Ventura Raceway racing the 81st annual Turkey Night Grand Prix. If you've never been there, the track (on the county fairgrounds) is about a hundred yards from the Pacific Ocean and you can bet it's going to be cold tonight.

Saw on Facebook that he's out here at Ventura Raceway racing the 81st annual Turkey Night Grand Prix. If you've never been there, the track (on the county fairgrounds) is about a hundred yards from the Pacific Ocean and you can bet it's going to be cold tonight.
Just saw this today WOW
1700947852544.png

I went fishing in the Channel Islands about 500 years ago. Cought a big ol' Bonita, which is kind of a cousin of a tuna. Took me around the boat a few times.

wonder how many teams will test early in '24 prior to bradenton? and will they test @ indy? or will bradenton have test session prior to big $$ race?

wonder how many teams will test early in '24 prior to bradenton? and will they test @ indy? or will bradenton have test session prior to big $$ race?
Hopefully they will have testing at Bradenton. It could give some rare "mineshaft condition" data and help rubber in the track for the big dollar race!!

Hmmm, on the NHRA INSIDER podcast tonight, sounds like only one of the proposed crew chiefs will be coming to CPR, as the other one may still have a commitment to a pervious racer, hmmm?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back