Could things be going from bad to worse for JFR? (1 Viewer)

I have skimmed over most of this ...

and I have to add.. as much as I enjoy the TF cars as fan... as some one in marketing... I never understood their appeal over a FC as far as placing a logo on them....

TV exposure is measured by many companys looking for "in focus" impression of the logos.... and the amount of time is figured in with the cost of buying an ad during the tv coverage.... to me larger logos on the FC bodys would seem to be a more productive use for sponsorship over a TF car... in most cases you get good " in focus" time on the line and at the end of a run..but... the FC ..IMO offers as better chance of "in focus" time during the run...

and I have to add.. as much as I enjoy the TF cars as fan... as some one in marketing... I never understood their appeal over a FC as far as placing a logo on them....

TV exposure is measured by many companys looking for "in focus" impression of the logos.... and the amount of time is figured in with the cost of buying an ad during the tv coverage.... to me larger logos on the FC bodys would seem to be a more productive use for sponsorship over a TF car... in most cases you get good " in focus" time on the line and at the end of a run..but... the FC ..IMO offers as better chance of "in focus" time during the run...

The funny car body brings brand loyalty to the body on the car, Yes. Dragsters on the other hand are pure race cars, as fars as sponsor names go you can put anything on a dragster.

Last edited:

Wh do,you think more Sponsors go FC over Dragster?

The funny y car body brings brand loyalty to the body on the car, Yes. Dragsters on the other hand are pure race cars, as far as sponsor names go you can put anything on a dragster.

Now if they would only look like the cars they are supposed to represent. You know, when you could actually identify a car make.

Although the FC offers a bigger "billboard", IMO, sponsors like TF cars because they are the fastest.

Now if they would only look like the cars they are supposed to represent. You know, when you could actually identify a car make.

Although the FC offers a bigger "billboard", IMO, sponsors like TF cars because they are the fastest.

Just looked out my window... 4 silver blobs about the same size, different brands, I think, but could not tell you what brands. Plus one more, larger gray blob... think it's some kind of GM, but it's not a ford. and, a black dodge ram 1/2 ton pick up... There is a new, white camaro that lives across the street, and three black 'stangs also live on the block...

Point is, force's, LRS, and Tasca's Stuff look enuff like 'stangs with the grill's painted on to pass... not sure about the Toy's or MoPar's 'cause I don't know if I've ever seen the street cars.:confused::eek:

d'kid

Feel free to yell and scream at me if I am wrong here but, the fact the Bobby Tasca is buying parts and help from a Mopar Funded team for his Ford let's me know that brand loyalty is dead in the pit area. AND that is where is should matter first and foremost. It's immaterial to me that the parts are not actual Dodge, it's the affiliation.

Feel free to yell and scream at me if I am wrong here but, the fact the Bobby Tasca is buying parts and help from a Mopar Funded team for his Ford let's me know that brand loyalty is dead in the pit area. AND that is where is should matter first and foremost. It's immaterial to me that the parts are not actual Dodge, it's the affiliation.

Whatever he's doing...it's working.

I don't blame Bob for getting help. It's my opinion that car has overall been an underperformer since it came out. It's made some good runs, and won some races, but has not been anywhere near the top on a consistant basis. Also, it's not a shock to me he is getting some DSR help, it's become a pattern.

The year Wilkerson had the best car, and almost won the title, Bob (I'm pretty sure missed the countdown) was right there to team up with him, get his combo, and run that. Then JFR had a couple good years, and he ran all their stuff. Now lately DSR has been running better, and he is switching over to some of their parts. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Last edited:
Just looked out my window... 4 silver blobs about the same size, different brands, I think, but could not tell you what brands. Plus one more, larger gray blob... think it's some kind of GM, but it's not a ford. and, a black dodge ram 1/2 ton pick up... There is a new, white camaro that lives across the street, and three black 'stangs also live on the block...

Point is, force's, LRS, and Tasca's Stuff look enuff like 'stangs with the grill's painted on to pass... not sure about the Toy's or MoPar's 'cause I don't know if I've ever seen the street cars.:confused::eek:

d'kid

The Toyota is a Camry, best selling car in America, made in Georgetown, Ky for about 900 years... The Dodge, lots of police cars and people that want to be cops drive them... :)

The funny car body brings brand loyalty to the body on the car, Yes. Dragsters on the other hand are pure race cars, as fars as sponsor names go you can put anything on a dragster.

You're kidding. Todays funnycars bring no brand loyality. Ford knows this. That has to be the major reason for leaving.

Watch and see how many mustangs start showing up on that outlaw street racing TV show. There is where they will build brand loyality.

You're kidding. Todays funnycars bring no brand loyality. Ford knows this. That has to be the major reason for leaving.

Watch and see how many mustangs start showing up on that outlaw street racing TV show. There is where they will build brand loyality.

Brand loyalty and funny car racing is something I have been wondering about as funny cars have not looked like their street car counterparts in a long long time.

I wonder how many ford mustangs did the Blue Max sell?
How many Pontiac Firebirds and later Ford Thunderbirds did Candies and Hughes sell?

How many street cars were sold because of what bodies were on the funny cars?

Besides the the car the body is trying to represent the funny car has never really crossed over to street cars. You have never been able to go to a dealer and buy a blown and injected nitro burning car.

The Toyota is a Camry, best selling car in America, made in Georgetown, Ky for about 900 years... The Dodge, lots of police cars and people that want to be cops drive them... :)

I laugh at the "made in america" mantra for Toyota apologists. The car may be made here but the profits go back to Japan. Whereas if you buy a Fusion, sure the car is made in Mexico but the profits go right back to Dearborn, MI - the USA.

Still can't tell you, walking around my neighborhood, what anything is, besides camaros and mustangs... The Dodge IS A PICK UP TRUCK....

Cop Cars are Low Bid and chages year to year.... Mostly Fords & Chevys, split between Ken Hall, Hendricks' and the Barton Family... Never seen a Rice Burner Cop Car... FYI, City Garage is a block from here, city fuel station is 1100 feet from where I'm sitting.

d'kid

I laugh at the "made in america" mantra for Toyota apologists. The car may be made here but the profits go back to Japan. Whereas if you buy a Fusion, sure the car is made in Mexico but the profits go right back to Dearborn, MI - the USA.

Do you realize how much money Toyota invests in the US and how much value they add to the US economy? If you did you wouldn't be making statements like this. I work for a company that is based in London, they employ over 20,000 people in the US and invest billions of dollars in the US each year. Just because a company is from a different country doesn't make them bad for the US. This country would be in far worse shape than it already is if it wasn't for investments from foreign companies.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back