Could things be going from bad to worse for JFR? (1 Viewer)

I'm still trying to figure out how Force switching to Top Fuel would save money. There's some expense involving bodies and body maintenance in FC, but you're still looking at 2-3M to field a top fuel car for one year....Force ain't gonna pay that out of his own pocket, so who will step up if Castrol takes a hike?

I'm still trying to figure out how Force switching to Top Fuel would save money. There's some expense involving bodies and body maintenance in FC, but you're still looking at 2-3M to field a top fuel car for one year....Force ain't gonna pay that out of his own pocket, so who will step up if Castrol takes a hike?
If a new sponsor wants him in TF he will go there but I don't see that happening. He is too much an icon in FC.

The NHRA without John Force in FC?
Can't happen.

IMO Force, like it or not, IS the NHRA, and probably the only name recognizable to those who know nothing about drag racing. He is the sports only active household name, probably the single largest draw, and a loss of Force is a huge shot in the gut to the NHRA brand.
I would imagine a lot of work is being done, and a lot of help from the powers that be, are being forced (pun intended) in John's direction to help him secure sponsorship past 2014.

The NHRA without John Force in FC?
Can't happen.

IMO Force, like it or not, IS the NHRA, and probably the only name recognizable to those who know nothing about drag racing. He is the sports only active household name, probably the single largest draw, and a loss of Force is a huge shot in the gut to the NHRA brand.
I would imagine a lot of work is being done, and a lot of help from the powers that be, are being forced (pun intended) in John's direction to help him secure sponsorship past 2014.

Only recognizable, active household name? Most, not only. Kalitta, Schumacher, and Bernstein families all still have their foot in the ring.

Last edited:
Sounds like he needs to pursue Honda and Nissan, most of the "Japanese" cars in the states are designed and built in the states for the USDM. They are too big and fuel inefficient to be sold in Japan.

S/F
D

Sounds like he needs to pursue Honda and Nissan, most of the "Japanese" cars in the states are designed and built in the states for the USDM. They are too big and fuel inefficient to be sold in Japan.

S/F
D

Have you ever been to Japan? You don't see the large number of small cars like you see here. They drive large japanese cars that we don't see over here.

I wish JFR all the best but his sponsorship situation is not good. Castrol/BP will look at the statistics and return on investment much the same way Ford did and so will potential sponsors new to the sport. Will they come to the same conclusion Ford did? There is a good chance they will. A good deal of that is the status of our overall economy and has nothing to do with JFR or NHRA. If our economic situation was the same as in 2006 we would not be having this conversation.

Have you ever been to Japan? You don't see the large number of small cars like you see here. They drive large japanese car that e don't see over here.
I have Lived in Japan for the last nine years. They drive lots of 660cc Kei cars and 500 plate compact cars. There are larger 300 plate cars but most would be mid size in the states.
S/F
D

I wish JFR all the best but his sponsorship situation is not good. Castrol/BP will look at the statistics and return on investment much the same way Ford did and so will potential sponsors new to the sport. Will they come to the same conclusion Ford did? There is a good chance they will. A good deal of that is the status of our overall economy and has nothing to do with JFR or NHRA. If our economic situation was the same as in 2006 we would not be having this conversation.

Just to help the situation... ESPN has major delays in airing the NHRA Seattle races..... It only gets better and one would think after this Ford ordeal the high paid NHRA management would make lots of phone calls to get things done on time especially TV time. Oh wait the phone call that didn't happen will result in a office minion being chastised or fired... while the higher up just blames someone else... and its NOT in their control. :eek:

Chuck
PAE

Last edited:
I enjoy my fav team beating JFR just has much as I root against the entire JFR organization. These things good hand in hand and are both needed in the Funny Car class. It is what makes it great. Having your favorite driver continue to drive is as important as having the guy/team you loathe the most. It makes the experience of being a fan come full circle. Hope this is all BS and you ladies and gents who are members of the Force clan continue to see your FC leader man the wheel.

Only recognizable, active household name? Most, not only. Kalitta, Schumacher, and Bernstein families all still have their foot in the ring.

The Force name is instantly recognizable outside the sport. And to a lesser degree, (due to his 30 year association with Budweiser) Kenny Bernstein. Outside of drag racing, the only people who know the Kalitta name, are in the aviation industry. People may recognize the Schumacher name with battery chargers, but do not equate it with drag racing.

I hope Force finds sponsorship. I don't root for JFR, but he has been excellent for the sport and I hope he continues to raise awareness of it.

Not sure what impacts this is having on BP Lubricants marketing programs, but BP is getting taken advantage of in the Gulf of Mexico settlement they made earlier this year due to the interpretation of the settlement by the Claims Administrator. Many lawyers are going out and telling businesses in the settlement states to go out and file claims they lost $$ due to the 2010 oil spill even though their business wasn't effected by the spill. Every part of BP is watching every $$ even closer these days and making sure money spent yields the highest returns, so if Castrol has marketing programs which they fell a better return than the FC/TF investment, don't be shocked to see a cut in the program.

BP Says Loss on Spill Claims Appeals Could Scuttle Settlement - Bloomberg

Not sure what impacts this is having on BP Lubricants marketing programs, but BP is getting taken advantage of in the Gulf of Mexico settlement they made earlier this year due to the interpretation of the settlement by the Claims Administrator. Many lawyers are going out and telling businesses in the settlement states to go out and file claims they lost $$ due to the 2010 oil spill even though their business wasn't effected by the spill. Every part of BP is watching every $$ even closer these days and making sure money spent yields the highest returns, so if Castrol has marketing programs which they fell a better return than the FC/TF investment, don't be shocked to see a cut in the program.

BP Says Loss on Spill Claims Appeals Could Scuttle Settlement - Bloomberg

On the one hand, I don't want to see any company get taken advantage of, but on the other hand SCREW them. That oil spill was the largest ecological disaster in human history. Most of that oil is still on the bottom of the Gulf, held there by the weight of a mile of water above it, and is getting transported around the world via the Gulf Stream. Don't even get me started on how gas companies set their prices or why they wildly fluctuate ... So yeah EFF them ...

That's the best one yet - oil sinks to the bottom of the ocean, held down by the weight of the water. So I guess air doesn't sink because it's held down by the weight of space?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back