Cordova's world series of drag racing (1 Viewer)

I will be headed on my trip in the next hour...Got to film a commercial then we I will be on my way...See everyone this weekend.

Sounds good to me as long as its not in the middle of warmups or pro show...I kinda gotta film these events...lol

you can find me in the Motown Shaker pits....we arrive saturday morning.....stop by and say hello!

i'm the tall skinny young one lol

Completly unacceptable!!!! Its the Series you should be there Friday morning...lol J/K mike... See you guys sat AM..

some of us have real jobs!!! lol

Man thats gotta suck ... I feel bad for guys like you..lol

Mike I am taking the incar camera deal I borrowed from a buddy... Gonna see about mounting it up in the Motown this weekend.. Its really really small (about the size of a cigrette pack) and can be secured with zip ties so it shouldnt be a problem... I want to replace the video thats on the main page right now with the incar shot.. So make sure you get him backed up straight LOL j/k..

Man thats gotta suck ... I feel bad for guys like you..lol

Mike I am taking the incar camera deal I borrowed from a buddy... Gonna see about mounting it up in the Motown this weekend.. Its really really small (about the size of a cigrette pack) and can be secured with zip ties so it shouldnt be a problem... I want to replace the video thats on the main page right now with the incar shot.. So make sure you get him backed up straight LOL j/k..

no promises!!! :D:D

put in on the back so that you can see my face if we have him as crooked as we did in June....it was pretty comical i'm told

Okay, so what time, and where on Saturday? Do we need to do this by Rapids hammock or will he be able to get up from the nap? ;)

As long as the weather looks decent my dad and I will be heading out early Sat. morning. I'd like to meet some 'Maters so I need to know where to be and when. :)

Nobody replied yet about a 'Mater meeting and I'm leaving in a few. Somebody give me a call @ xxx and let me know where to meet up and at what time. :)

Last edited:
I put Brent's number in my cell, and know where to find Minick. for those that haven't left yet, what do you think about 5:30pm? Maybe by the Motown Shaker pits so Mike can work until some show up? or Rapids?

It's 2:55am, why am I not sleeping? Oh, yea. I drank a Monster before leaving to come home and a Rockstar in the car. ;) I am downloading the pics from Cordova now.
I had a great time, as did my son and Lynn. We talked to Mike a few times, talked to Randy, then finally hooked up with Brent just before leaving. I chatted with Tony Smith for a few minutes right before I took off too. We got to see some good racing. Bailey LOVED the jet funny cars and dragsters. Almost as much as hanging out with Mike and Randy! Bailey got to sit in Danny Miller's FC. You should have seen the look on his face. He was beaming after he got out.
The Motown Shaker FC tossed the blower belt on the burnout of the first run. I sort of begged (lol) Mike for it if Troy or someone didn't want it, to give to Bai. When we got back after the second round, Mike brought Bai back and gave the belt to him. WOW!!!!! The look, again! Maybe beat the look as Rapid signed the piston for Bailey.
And big thanks to Timmah for sending Bailey the ear muffs. He loved them. He was so excited about feeling the Nitro cars and not complaining too much about the noise.
Thanks Randy, Mike, all the teams at Cordova last night.
Okay, took a while and went through a few pics. Will upload the rest later.
me, Bailey and Rapid
100_5806b.jpg

Bailey in Danny Miller's FC, driven by Rapid
100_5879b.jpg

Bailey with Elaine Larsen, jet dragster driver
100_5818b.jpg

I am about ready to get breakfast before I head back to Indy, but enjoyed myself tremendously at this deal. I am planning on coming up for this next year.
I'll have some pictures after I get back to Indy, but Cordova is an awesome place to watch and to be at. I am going to mark off the dates on the calender so I can come back next year.

Rick

I'll keep it short and sweet.... LOL

World Series 08 Photo Gallery

Wonder Wagon In car Video

There is a third video clip in there.. Its a very neat camera angle..Lets just say Kevins camera has been 260 mph ..lol (we had to drill holes in the body of the car to mount the camera secure enough for the shot...lol)

Have a ton of more stuff but just got home and am tired as hell

Awesome vids Shane! Thanx for putting those up, and the pics too!
Looks like a fun event!!!!
Thx Eric for the pics...TTYL

Great photos and video. Thanks for posting it. :cool:

Man, there were a ton of Maters there this weekend. Great to see everyone.

Rapid

Nice work and it was great seeing you this weekend!

EDB

PS Thanks for the WFAN DVD, now if I can find time to watch it... :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back