Cordova's world series of drag racing (1 Viewer)

rick

Nitro Member
I have a question here. Has anyone on here ever went to Cordova's World Series of Drag racing event?

I am considering on going there this year and I am looking for opinions on how good the event is because I've never been to Cordova,

Arguably the best event there is the whole year in the Midwest. Great show!!! Worth every penny. Were else can you go and see Late model F/Cs and T/F along with the Nostalgia F/Cs and T/F. Then throw in some Wheelie cars and jets and a Pro Mod or Two.

I went last year for the first time. I was there pretty much all day. The only thing I complained about was the stinkin' tolls for me to get there. In tolls alone it was about $10! :eek:
As far as the racing, as Dan said, it is a great mix, with lots of cars. You are never short on something to see. They had modern TF and FC, and nostalgia, Nanook and Rat Trap, some guy Rapid something or other.
I plan on being there this year.

My wife and I are thinking about heading out their with the kids this year. See some racing do some camping.

I wonder what effect the nitro shortage will have on events like these?

I attended my first World Series in 1971 when I was 2 months old and only missed a couple until I moved in 2002. My dad has been going since 1960 or 1961 and he's only missed 2 or 3 in all those years. It's some of the best racing I've ever seen and always a lot of fun. There's always a great mix of cars too. I've seen so many big names and unique vehicles there over the years it's almost mind-boggling. It's definitely an all day (or all weekend) event. We usually went on Saturday and got there bright and early in the morning and stayed until the end of racing, sometimes as late as 2 or 3 am if the weather delayed things! Be sure to bring sunblock and plenty of clothes. It's usually pretty hot during the day but it can get downright cold in the evening after the sun goes down.

There's only a shortage in the self made NHRA dome. The rest of the world is just fine.

Right but they are an nhra track (granted not national event) just worried I'm gonna plan a vacation and end up with no show

We raced there back in the mid 70's Div. 3 Pro-AM FunneyCar Circut. Then it was as big as Pop Rod Meet at Martin or Broadway Bob's Union Grove. About every one was there.

The world series is the longest annually run indepedent event .. It even beats out INDY by a year... There will always be a show...... I promise if you come out you wont be dissapointed... I have grown up at cordova and now my brother's company is the official track video crew (1800-entertainment.com)......

Here are some pics from last years event

World Series 07

I remember the Coca~Cola Calvacade of Stars there. Always had a good time. I'm like Brent..grew up there..but for me it goes back to the mid-late 60's..Big, Snake, Goose, Shoe and all that.

Met Eric (up above) there last year..some really good racing..and the pits are the best.

You'll see Rapid Randy..Stardust, etc..I would suggest you make it.

When the sun goes down it's hairy..with the dew from the Mississip showin' up..but Tony P ran 300mph for a couple $ last year.

I look forward to it..since it's one of the few I can get to..(I'm a caregiver so my time is allotted..)

We'll need to setup a meeting place 'cuz it appears a few Maters will show. I'm doing the Eddyville AA/FA Nats, too!! Now that is cool.

Sounds good. I downloaded a ticket form off of Cordova's website and filled it out and sent it in today.

Any good hotels in the area? I see some in the quad cities and in Clinton, Iowa.

Sounds good. I downloaded a ticket form off of Cordova's website and filled it out and sent it in today.

Any good hotels in the area? I see some in the quad cities and in Clinton, Iowa.

I have a card here somewere with a number to the good hotel on the other side of the river. There isn't any on the IL side. Let me find it and I will post the #. It may be to late already as that place fills fast.

I ended up reserving a room at the Super 8 in Clinton, Iowa. Heck, there is even a riverboat deal there, I've never done that before, I might even give it a shot if I get some free time while I'm there.

How about any family campgrounds in the area

Also David, I just saw your from Cedar Rapids, saw on the news this morning how bad the area has been hit, hope you're dry

just do what i do......drink alot of beer and pass out in someones pit area :D

The last time I saw someone do that? It was a Big chested gorgeous honey passed out under my car. Good thing I looked down and saw her legs. And NO I didn't take advantage of the situation. Although 3 of us did drag her out from under the car and lay her on the couch and picked up the couch and set it in the front yard. She wasn't to happy in the morning

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back