Connecting Rod Comparison (1 Viewer)

Very interesting. On the nitro rod it seems like it would crush/compress somewhat like the upper rod bearing and lower mains ... do they tend to grow, or do they go both directions somewhat randomly.

Would T/F rods be the same in injected nitro?

Similar, they run different cubic inches and compression, but in a Nitro engine the rod is part shock absorber they need to take some of the shock to make the bearings live.

Alan

Thanks Alan. Interesting to me how A/FD has really picked up this year. Would not be surprised to see the long standing 5.10 record be broken.

Thanks Alan, extremely interesting. I'm never going to have my hands inside either a TF or PS engine but the technology is very interesting. Thanks for keeping us fans educated!

Similar, they run different cubic inches and compression, but in a Nitro engine the rod is part shock absorber they need to take some of the shock to make the bearings live.

Alan
I thought a lot of alcohol and/or AF/D teams were using GRP rods, and I thought those were titanium - not a really good shock absorber. But the titanium GRP rods could be for alcohol burning cars, not AF/D

Can you give us the UR for your TF vs Pro Stock Piston video?

I must have missed it!

Thanks...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back