Congrats to Al Ackerman! (1 Viewer)

scotty

Nitro Member
With the tragedy of Scott Kalitta I'm sure this got lost in the shuffle, but I would like to send my congratulations to the Mater's Dave Ring and Al Ackerman on their win in Competition Eliminator. Al put on a driving clinic all day with great lights and just nibbling away at his CIC. They also had no slouch in the final with Arnie Martel.

Congrats Professor! BTW, maybe I haven't been paying attention but I can't remember that F/D going THAT quick before, what did you guys do? (I know... if you told me you'd have to kill me.)

And I'm not totally sure, but I thought I saw The Professor's altered sneak behind Dave Reiff and Jim and Jon O during their interview at the end of the broadcast--anyone else see that or are my very old eyes deceiving me once again?

Congrats Professor! BTW, maybe I haven't been paying attention but I can't remember that F/D going THAT quick before, what did you guys do? (I know... if you told me you'd have to kill me.)

Al ran an 8.02 at Maple Grove in May and an 8.03 at 166 mph at Atco the weekend before E-town. Also Al was number 1 qualifier by a bunch at the 50th US Nationals. Finally, about all I can take credit for on that win is giving his some data on what some of his opponents were capable of doing. That win is Al's with help on the crew from Glen Bourke and the support of his wife Kathy.

And I'm not totally sure, but I thought I saw The Professor's altered sneak behind Dave Reiff and Jim and Jon O during their interview at the end of the broadcast--anyone else see that or are my very old eyes deceiving me once again?

That was not my altered-Lee was driving in stock and Pros Stock last weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back