Congrats!- "Big Mac" (1 Viewer)

My sincere apologies to one and all. I have been caught up in the process of setting up a new computer...which I may never live long enough to do again!...and have been unable to log on to the mater. Something about a forgotten password. My deepest appreciation goes to moderator Shannon T. for a lot of effort on his part to get this old dude back on line.

What I would have said a couple of days ago is....MANY, MANY THANKS to everyone for the extremely kind words. I was totally shocked at the AARWBA awards ceremony...standing on stage as Susan Wade started her introduction of the recipient of the "Pioneer in Racing" award. About two sentences in, she starts talking about an airport drag strip in Carlisle, AR and I knew I had been had.

That's the same Carlisle that Bill Dedman was referring to. He and I were at the same race tracks numerous times in the late '50's...in and around Little Rock. Some interesting days indeed.

The award is a tremendous honor and one that I truly appreciate and cherish... particularly since I am the first media recipient of the award. Some of the previous honorees include Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones...the Agajanian family...Kenny Bernstein...Herschel McGriff....Andy Granatelli...Les Richter...Carl Haas....some rarefied atmosphere for an old drag racing announcer!!!

Didn't mean to go on so long...again, sorry about the delay in getting on...but a big thanks again to Shannon.

Everyone stay well and stay warm. Close to 80 today in SoCal!!!!!!! Don't mean to rub it in.................

MaC

Dave

You are and always will be the voice of Drag Racing.

There are some others who are good but none as good as you have been and still are.

A good example also. You have always been humble and easy to talk to.

mike

Yrs truly has heard many of the great drag strip announcers from Santa Ana's Don Tuttle, my pal, Bud Evans, the ORIGINAL NHRA announcer, Bernie Mather, Bernie Partridge, John Lundberg, and the current in -house- closely - coached crew at NHRA, but NOBODY can equal Mac on saying the EXACT right thing at the right time EVERY time and with that golden-throated voice!

Congratulations!

Norm Porter

Boy announcer, Colton 57/mid '58, mid '60/'61 Fontana '62.
Old guy occaisional announcer Rialto Airport Drags '95-'04

Yeah...what he said!!!

Congrats Mac! I know your humble, BUT THIS ROCKS! I'm honored to have conversed with you sir!

Your Biggest Fan,

Timmah!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back