commerce weather... (1 Viewer)

Pat

Nitro Member
Before you jump in your car and head to commerce this weekend, you may want to check the weather forecast because right now it looks a lot like last weekends forecast:eek:. Don't say you wern't warned:(.

pat

Houston a few weeks ago was the archetypal example of this. 20% chance of rain on Saturday and we got 5 inches and no racing. 40% chance of rain Sunday and not a cloud in the sky.

I am only about 6 hours up I-75 from Commerce ... I am thinking about going. Weather report on Thursday will play a factor, but ultimately it will boil down to if I feel like driving 12 hours round trip in 2 days, cuz I gotta be back Sunday early for Mother's Day. Eliminations on Saturday was a genius move by NHRA to tempt me ...

Houston a few weeks ago was the archetypal example of this. 20% chance of rain on Saturday and we got 5 inches and no racing. 40% chance of rain Sunday and not a cloud in the sky.

I am only about 6 hours up I-75 from Commerce ... I am thinking about going. Weather report on Thursday will play a factor, but ultimately it will boil down to if I feel like driving 12 hours round trip in 2 days, cuz I gotta be back Sunday early for Mother's Day. Eliminations on Saturday was a genius move by NHRA to tempt me ...
The tempting lure of sweet sweet nitro...:D

S/F
D

Some years back my son and I were wondering if we should go to a race, cause the forecast was 80% chance of rain for the whole weekend. After three days, we only felt one drop. The whole weekend. It was cloudy, cool, and FAST. One of the best race weekends I've ever had.

Okay mike, just for you, today is thursday and right now it's 59 and sunny, supposed to be 79 and sunny later today, but saturday looks like a 50% chance of rain.

pat

I am 50 minutes from the track. It was suppose to rain hard this past Monday thru Wednesday, but it only rained Tuesday night after dark.

The forecast for Friday and Saturday has changed dramatically up and down all week. But if there is only a 50% chance of rain, that means there is a 50% chance of sunshine. One thing I have learned about the south, the weatherman is wrong about 85% of the time.

Okay mike, just for you, today is thursday and right now it's 59 and sunny, supposed to be 79 and sunny later today, but saturday looks like a 50% chance of rain.

pat

I'm flattered that I have been on your mind all week as you patiently waited for the moment where you could prove me wrong. Grow up.

Does anyone think, if they have 2 rounds of qualifying on Friday and Saturday gets scrubbed, they'll run Sunday? I mean, I know it's Mother's day but, the expense of bringing folks back another weekend ?mid-season? doesn't make much sense.

Absolutely. Sure it's Mother's Day, but how many times has Larry Dixon won on Father's Day? Maybe not an ideal situation, but I'm sure they'll run Sunday if need be.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back