Uh Oh (Phoenix Related) (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
this is ridiculous, a few days ago it was to be good weather all weekend in Phoenix this weekend, now the forecast says Today it's good, but tomorrow and NOW Sunday have mentionings of Showers at most 60%.

I mean after last season and Mother Nature sweeping the table and clinching all championships if she was counted for points for raining at the track and getting more points by raining out days I am kinda paranoid especially because of not just the Full Throttle Tour dragging rain around with them, but the other events that were affected by rain one way or another, even if they weren't rained out no matter where you were here in the Northeast.

I hope this weekend is like that one day in Bristol last year where there were threats of rain and NOT ONE DROP fell (and if i remember correctly the weather was WAY BETTER) that showed you can't go by the weather guys all the time.

Never believe the forecasts for Phoenix until it actually happens. We also get 'spot rain' here, it can rain here and there, and not necessarily everywhere; rain in parts of the west valley, dry as a bone in the east valley and then it's over. The weather we got during testing a couple of weeks ago was more of the exception than the rule for rain out here. :cool:

I have been to Phoenix over 100 days of racing; Drag racing, Boat drags, Manzanita, etc...since '89. And I've seen rain maybe 4 of those days!

I have been to Phoenix over 100 days of racing; Drag racing, Boat drags, Manzanita, etc...since '89. And I've seen rain maybe 4 of those days!

I did a run on the ATV in the pouring rain a couple years ago to cover the dragsters while the roadsters were in the lanes and wound up stuck in the Totorhome the rest of the weekend with some streplike virus, and that would be the only time I remember rain in Chandler!

I moved out here to Phx. 5 yrs ago. I've never seen such bad weather forecasting. Like Chris said, believe it when it happens.

I hope this weekend is like that one day in Bristol last year where there were threats of rain and NOT ONE DROP fell (and if i remember correctly the weather was WAY BETTER)

Almost . . . it actually did pour down rain but it was saturday night from like 12am - 5am or so.

When I woke up sunday morning the track crew was out there drying the track and it was 20 degrees cooler! :D

There were a couple of races that almost got rained out last year . . . the charlotte race in particular. Raining till like 10:30 or so and got the track cleared off that friday.

Ugh. I'm believing it now. Typical sprinkles though, doesn't appear to be anything major at the moment; but, enough to hold them up for a little bit. :(

Radar says this stuff is almost through the area with nothin' behind it. They'll be up and runnin' pretty quick I would think.

Late.........Mitch

At 9:20am local time, in the middle of T3 for SG, NHRA called a halt for heavy dust and wind on the top end. About 25 minutes later it started to rain.

It's 11:00am now and the skies have lightened up, but its still sprinkling.

The latest from DragRaceCentral.com doesn't give a great big 'warm and fuzzy' feeling.

With any luck we may get additional racing in today

If the Pros don't hit the track again, please refresh my memory...

Is the Top 12 from yesterday's qualifying locked in with the remaining 4 spots going to the next highest drivers in the 2010 season point standings?

We headed home, it was pretty wet out there. Only 15 minutes from the track so we'll hed back if they start running again. Radar shows the band of rain moved past, but it's still pretty dark out.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if this year's phoenix race is like last year's pomona where it got to a point that not even Bob or Alan were in the booth during the day they crowned champions, but Stat Guy Lewis was. I think the only reason why Pomona got blessed with Primo weather was because it was the 50th Winternationals and it would be a sin if it got any involvement from Mother Nature.

While John Force is back in FC after winning Pomona and #1 Qualifier this weekend, I guess Mother Nature is back to defend all her championships.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I said earlier. (I've never seen such bad weather forecasting.) Things went pretty good for a 70% chance of rain today. Back in OH that would have = to an all day rain.
Tomorrow forecast is Slight Chance Showers 20% Hi 63 °F

Just got some more rain tonight, rain tomorrow isn't supposed to happen till the afternoon. I wouldn't be suprised if they cut down the between round times.

Only one round for Pros today; but, the window was pretty decent. We left about 5:30 and the staging lanes were backed up with S/G and S/C and the pros were packing up. I don't think the sportsmans got too far though, it started to come down while we were making our way to the 202.

David Gerard,
Get your tail out of the tower, and get a mop!! Gonna be a bunch of sportsman eliminations that aren't going to happen today...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back