Car Count for Bristol (1 Viewer)

So let's get this thread back to what it was supposed to be....how many pancakes DOES it take to shingle a doghouse???:confused:

So let's get this thread back to what it was supposed to be....how many pancakes DOES it take to shingle a doghouse???:confused:

I've since discovered that mashed potatoes are the way to go, and real ones!!! None of this spud flakes in a box crap!! With a nice layer of gravy over them.......

I understand why NHRA did what they did. And I don't disagree with their justification. It's the contast blowing of smoke how things they did are going to make things better for everyone that gets my dander up.

I think how it makes things better is depends a lot on the sole discretion and abilities of the individual racer.

You could think of it as "Now I can only take one car to the national to race instead of both my Super Gasser or Super Comper" or you can think of it as "Now is the perfect reason to buy a Stocker :)"

The economy has made everything run tighter, wallets, credit lines, nerves. It's not just the cost in fuel we have to look at now, it's the cost of taking the extra days off, it's looking at the weather to be sure we are going to race. It's a lot more of looking at the whole aspect of "Is my car really ready to run against the caliber of the field that's already entered".

If memory serves me correctly or the NHRA is still allowing it, you can still enter at the gate if you really want to get in (with an extra fee).

Kel, it's all my fault LOL

Now get your butt to Houston this weekend so I can make up with a beer for the damage!!!!!

Alan, did you get the pics????? Never know about D-4!!!!

Not to change the subject too much, but hell, I'm playing follow the leaders.

Rich,

this is the post you were agreeing with.

I don't understand why anyone should hurt our environment. So, if the fact that I like to recycle and take care of my land makes me an "Idiot Environmentalist" well then so be it!

I am going to go home and hug all of my trees too! :p
Suzie,

You have misunderstood the reasons for my rant and the meanings behind it. I recycle and take care of my land too. That does not make anyone an idiot environmentalist.

Groups like the Sierra Club are who I'm talking about. When these groups influence politicians to take measures concerning the environment that are idiotic, they are idiotic environmentalists. One example of sheer stupidity is my own local government caving to the threats of Sierra Club lawsuits because they (the Sierra Club) considers GRAVEL on Pikes Peak to be POLLUTION! The entire mountain is made of dirt (decomposed granite to be specific), but because the dirt highway that has traversed that mountain for over 100 years causes some gravel to move around, their threat of suit has caused the city fathers to pave the highway (at a cost well into 8 figures), forever changing the complexion of the second oldest auto race in this country.

The actions taken by the Sierra Club, Green Peace, Earth First! and others have had a great deal of impact on federal and local policies concerning our ability to obtain and use our own natural resources. That impact affects us all. It impacts racers who have to decide whether to tow to drag races, or save more than a few bucks by going fishing instead. I work in drag racing as a private contractor. I received a raise this year - a badly needed raise - as I was seriously considering a career change unless my wages could adequately pay my bills. Guess what? The higher costs for plane tickets and gas for rentals cars due to rising fuel prices have pretty much eaten up the extra money in many of my paychecks. When decisions made that don't make environmental sense directly affect me and those I work around, it pisses me off!

Suzie,

You have misunderstood the reasons for my rant and the meanings behind it. I recycle and take care of my land too. That does not make anyone an idiot environmentalist.

Groups like the Sierra Club are who I'm talking about. When these groups influence politicians to take measures concerning the environment that are idiotic,
I work in drag racing as a private contractor. I received a raise this year - a badly needed raise - as I was seriously considering a career change unless my wages could adequately pay my bills. Guess what? The higher costs for plane tickets and gas for rentals cars due to rising fuel prices have pretty much eaten up the extra money in many of my paychecks. When decisions made that don't make environmental sense directly affect me and those I work around, it pisses me off!

Bob I agree with you100% Those groups you mentioned (IMO) do more harm than good!! I'm sorry I cant quote specific incidents ..but they have tried to stop many sports from Drag Racing , MotoX, Hunting, and many others that don't come to mind at this instant...

It's a shame how so few can have such a large impact on so many..I don;t think many people realize how far reaching drag racing reaches.. i.e. Motels make a bundle at national events, restaurants, car rentals, etc. etc.

I know you meant No Personal Attack on Suzie and I don't believe she is an environmentalist nut because she recycles and cares for the environment..

Keep up the good fight!

Bob your right on. And now they are using the global warming hoax to put the polar bear on the threatened spieces list. So that means they could limit our driving down here on the lower 48 because we are hurting the polar bears. I've personally seem how these well meaning folks have used the endangered species list to destroy the logging industry which have hurt working families and towns all over Oregon. I'll bew honest and say it. These eco groups that sues the government and collects the attorneys fees are the enemy to the freedoms we enjoy. What will you say when the come after drag racing in the name of an unproven science called global warming which many top climate professors actually disagree with?

Last edited:
Bob your right on. And now they are using the global warming hoax to put the polar bear on the threatened spieces list. So that means they can limit our driving down here on the lower 48 because we are hurting the polar bears. I've personally seem how these nazis have used the endangered species list to destroy the logging industry which have hurt working families and towns all over Oregon. I'll bew honest and say it. These eco groups that sues the government and collects the attorneys fees is my enemy and should be the enemy of anyone who values their freedom. What will you say when the nazi's come after drag racing in the name of an unproven science called global warming which many top climate professors actually disagree with?

Ya know on 2nd thought Al Hore er.. Gore might be right, we should give up racing, and keep the air cleaner, also save oil so Kennedy et al can heat their 8000 sq ft homes.. & Remember we cant put wind power near Senator Kennedy in Narragansett Bay because it will ruin the "Pristine View".. the wind power has to go on the 400 acres that Englishtown now owns.. & we can go to BUMF*** to race .. but pay $5 a gallon for gas!!

This thread has become a shining example of why I avoid political discussion threads like the plague.

IMHO, we've got the equivalent of a lot of red-faced people, veins a poppin, standing in a room shouting at each other at the top of their lungs, with no one doing a whit of listening, because everyone's convinced THEY are the ones who are 100% correct on the issues being discussed.

That's not going to accomplish anything except produce a lot of hard feelings. In fact, looks like it's already done that quite nicely.

Maybe this thread ceased to have anything to do with the title a long time ago, and has perhaps outlived its usefulness?

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Bob I agree with you100% Those groups you mentioned (IMO) do more harm than good!! I'm sorry I cant quote specific incidents ..but they have tried to stop many sports from Drag Racing , MotoX, Hunting, and many others that don't come to mind at this instant...

It's a shame how so few can have such a large impact on so many..I don;t think many people realize how far reaching drag racing reaches.. i.e. Motels make a bundle at national events, restaurants, car rentals, etc. etc.

I know you meant No Personal Attack on Suzie and I don't believe she is an environmentalist nut because she recycles and cares for the environment..

Keep up the good fight!

Bob & John,

I understand that certain groups can get out of hand, but it is the same all over on both sides of the fence. There is that bad apple again stinkin' up the place! I love this country and right now there are a few broken things that need to be fixed. It is important that everyone come together and work towards a common goal and get everything under control again so that people WILL have money to go racing and the ability to do the things they love. Freedom is precious!!!

I am still going to hug my trees every day and thank them for the oxygen they give off!!! :D

Bob & John,

I understand that certain groups can get out of hand, but it is the same all over on both sides of the fence. There is that bad apple again stinkin' up the place! I love this country and right now there are a few broken things that need to be fixed. It is important that everyone come together and work towards a common goal and get everything under control again so that people WILL have money to go racing and the ability to do the things they love. Freedom is precious!!!

I am still going to hug my trees every day and thank them for the oxygen they give off!!! :D

By the way, thanks for being nice!!!:D

This thread =
image0099.jpg

I'd like to see if Nancy's thread can get back on track here.

If you guys want to argue..exchange email addresses/phone numbers, PM or whatever you have to do. I know it isn't as much fun without an audience..but it's not cool and I'll delete it if we can't be adults.

Repeat after me: "Car counts in Bristol..Car counts in Bristol..'

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back