Car Count for Bristol (1 Viewer)

You're right. It's the environmentalists fault that the US uses 26% of the world's energy but only has 3% of the worlds oil supply; that nations like China and India are industrializing and thus creating more demand; that the US lacks an energy policy aimed at ending the dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels; that the Bush administration started an unnecessary war in a region of the world that had a very real effect on oil prices and supplies. Damn those environmentalists. What were they thinking?
Idiot environmentalists are the reason China is drilling in the gulf of Mexico, taking oil within miles from our shores, and we can't. Idiot environmentalists are the reason why we aren't drilling in ANWR. Idiot environmentalists are the reason why no new refineries have been built in this country in decades. Idiot environmentalists are the reason much of this country's electrical energy isn't generated by nuclear power plants instead of fossil fueled power plants. It is idiot environmentalists that have been empowering the Persian Gulf countries and their strangle hold over world energy supplies for decades. Idiot environmentalists also try to blame Bush for everything wrong on the planet.

Last edited:
and I love the Alcohol cars, but they don't sell the tickets. I'm sorry but it's true. And over the years the car counts have gone down, so instead of thinning them even more by trying to get full fields at 24 events, the number of events was trimmed.
Alan

Sorry Alan, but I strongly disagree! I went to the Mile High's for 12 straight years till they dumped the Alky cars, I haven't been back! And I went to Phoenix this year for the first time since only because I couldn't make Gainesville. The only exception is Vegas because it's......well Vegas! Not sure how many agree with me, but I bet it's far more than you think. As a paying fan I like my $$$ worth, Paying $60 a day just to see Fuel cars doesn't fly!:rolleyes:

You're right. It's the environmentalists fault that the US uses 26% of the world's energy but only has 3% of the worlds oil supply; that nations like China and India are industrializing and thus creating more demand; that the US lacks an energy policy aimed at ending the dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels; that the Bush administration started an unnecessary war in a region of the world that had a very real effect on oil prices and supplies. Damn those environmentalists. What were they thinking?

Rich, imagine what this country would look like without OIL! No Food in the stores, No cloths to buy, No Drag races to watch! You and Greg Mooney can hate this country all you want, but your welcome to move out to leave and find your paradise.

Last edited:
Bob I agree with you. Sadly, meddling eco policies do have something to do with the car counts and every other facit of American life as it has interfeared with the supply of energy.

Bob I agree with you. Sadly, meddling eco policies do have something to do with the car counts and every other facit of American life as it has interfeared with the supply of energy.

Some of us DO NOT appreciate being labled as "America Haters" just because we have different views. Please discuss that in the appropriate forum. That is not too much to ask.

I guess I should consider myself lucky to be able to attend the race at Englishtown.. They race 4 days, have MC Alcohol. Pro Mod, Comp Eliminator.. I have to see if they are running Stock & SS

Maybe Jen was a nickname for Jenn, Jenn. Makes sense to me! ;)

Kel....or is it Kell? :D

No nickname, just spelled wrong :)

My parents spelled my name like that because they wrote down Jen and thought "Wow, that doesn't look balanced enough for her, so then they tried Jena, and that didn't suit me, so then they decided Jenna and that didn't suit me either, so they settled with Jenn for the balanced look.

Alan,

Please explain to the rest of us how the Sportsman racers' experience has been "enhanced" by the rotating elimination of classes from national events!?!?

There was a list of benefits NHRA promised the Sportsman racers that their plan would bring... or "enhancements". Not one of those promises has ever come to pass.

I agree that fuel prices are a major factor for the reduced fields. But only from the stand point of fuel prices being the straw that broke the camel's back with regards to Sportsman racers finally saying enough is enough to NHRA.

But how do you really account for the reduced car counts at some place like Bristol, where the number of racers within a 200 mile radius is probably one of the highest in the country? It can't all be fuel cost in an area like that!?!?

I praise NHRA when they deserve it. But I'm not afraid to call them on the carpet when I think it's necessary. Sadly, there seems to be more reason to call them on the carpet lately than reason to praise them.

Funny though, that wasn't the case 7 or 8 years ago!?!? Hmm?

Greg,
When was the last time you raced at a National?

My understanding of the determination as where the Alcohol classes run is a combination of factors, including pit space, number of races in a division, car counts (when they did run there) geographic considerations, and calendar considerations. I'm sure there are other factors as well, but I have picked this up from discussions over the years.

Alan

Some of us DO NOT appreciate being labled as "America Haters" just because we have different views. Please discuss that in the appropriate forum. That is not too much to ask.

Thank you, Suzie. One of the great things about the Mater vs. the other forums is that this kind of pooh has a home here on the Mater. People should take it there...

Greg,
When was the last time you raced at a National? ...

Alan
Recently enough to know of what I speak and several times within the last year as a crew member. Don't attempt to minimize my opinion because it doesn't tow the party line.

I understand why NHRA did what they did. And I don't disagree with their justification. It's the contast blowing of smoke how things they did are going to make things better for everyone that gets my dander up.

If the lot of us here on Mater are just uninformed dolts, why don't you share some of "other side of the story" some times?

Greg,

Minimize your opinion? I just asked you a question. Jenn made the point earlier that many times the races fill up before she can enter because of her grade point rating. It would be much worse without the rotation in place. If NHRA decided that 64 was the maximun in each class then many would not get to race because the classes would fill up with the "full timers" before a grade 3 even had a chance. I admit that when I first heard about it I wasn't a fan, but after hearing the reasoning behind it, I understand.

And there are always at least two sides to any story. It bugs me that some people will hear one side and form an opinion without all the facts. The new A.J. cylinder head comes to mind. Because of my job, I see and hear many things, that doesn't make me the press agent.

How many times has someone told you about being the innocent victim in whatever the deal is and when you talk to the other guy involved, you find out that guy 1 didn't give you all the facts?

Alan

Uh, please review my post. I never said anything remotely close to what you are accusing me of saying.

Idiot environmentalists are the reason China is drilling in the gulf of Mexico, taking oil within miles from our shores, and we can't. Idiot environmentalists are the reason why we aren't drilling in ANWR. Idiot environmentalists are the reason why no new refineries have been built in this country in decades. Idiot environmentalists are the reason much of this country's electrical energy isn't generated by nuclear power plants instead of fossil fueled power plants. It is idiot environmentalists that have been empowering the Persian Gulf countries and their strangle hold over world energy supplies for decades. Idiot environmentalists also try to blame Bush for everything wrong on the planet.

Rich,

this is the post you were agreeing with.

I don't understand why anyone should hurt our environment. So, if the fact that I like to recycle and take care of my land makes me an "Idiot Environmentalist" well then so be it!

I am going to go home and hug all of my trees too! :p

Uh, please review my post. I never said anything remotely close to what you are accusing me of saying.
Rich, I know I really should stay out of this...but I think Suzie was referring to another post in this thread that used the terminology "haters of this country" even though your post was the one quoted. I could be wrong (often am...)but that's my take on it--Now either Suzie or you can take me to task..:D

Ok, Suzie beat me to the post--I know nothing!!!! and just proved it--Ignore the previous Terry post and let the festivities begin!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back