Car Count for Bristol (1 Viewer)

FC Girl

Nitro Member
I know this has been spoken about before, but 318 cars for what is now supposed to be a "locked in" field for Bristol.

Wonder how they'll keep the fans entertained since they go to 4th round for 1st round in the 4 sportsman catagories that are running for Sunday's festivites.

there's not enough cars to keep racing going for the 75 min turn around for the pros.

Maybe they should open it back up to include more excluded classes, Comp and alky.

Not good, Nancy..you know.

Personally, I hope it bites them in the butt..so maybe changes would be made..but pffft..we know how that goes.

Keep up the fight.

It's a big mistake not to have top alcohol at every national event. If they don't get a full field, so be it, but at least have the class open so those that want to race can do so. Maybe I'm just an old coot (well not really) but I think national events without alcohol cars are lacking and just don't have the same feel to them then a full national event.

I couldn't imagine wanting to go to a national event without the Alky classes. Why doesn't the NHRA have them at all nationals, anyway? :confused:

I will never go to a national event without the alky classes, especially if the other class "out" is Stock, Super Stock, or Comp. Tickets should be 10 bucks for a show that doesn't have three classes at it.

Also another 16 car TF field, that makes what 2 or 3 so far this year. Takes a little of the drama out of qualifying, and we all know how much NHRA likes drama.

They not only should run the alky cars but should use them between pro rounds on the TV show. If not all at least some of them would be better then every single pro run 15 times just to analyze how the car went up in smoke.

On the bright side the small field does give some of the less funded teams a chance.

dont they still have the prancing college kids shooting about 5 t shirts into the stands during down time?

Next to fuel cars, I just can't get enough air borne tees littering the skys like anti-aircraft flack!

I also think Bob Frey and Alan Reinhart should do some stand up comedy at the starting line.

-90% Jimmy

I had a dream last night that after I posted this, I went back to the entry list and they Added Nitro Harleys and Pro Outlaw 10.5 (I know, not what most dream about, but I'm a little different :D)

Some of the comments here are funny, I just don't know what they're thinking to reduce so many classes and now have less than the minimum amount of cars "Allocated" except pro stock.

A Select few within the alky class tried very diligently for years to get NHRA to add back the alky class taken away from National events. Without a "Jegs" or "AMS" type sponsor, it would be almost impossible for them to take us back at this point. One thing that I did notice is that, Comp Eliminator retained almost ALL National Events when Super Street Lost almost all of their's, and all the other classes lost at least 5 to 7 events across the board.

318 cars, guess the ESPN guys will really have fun re-editing stuff to show over and over to cover the 3 hour coverage for a race that may not even last that long on Sunday.

wow nancy; mater dreams.....i think that's a first (admitted) :D

IMO, i can't imagine a nat. event w/o alcohol classes either, regardless
of available pit parking at select events.
I can see, however, the need to run an event on sunday that will attract
more fans because it's not an all day endurance event; and i think the
casual fan sees it that way.....too many classes, too hard to understand,
where's the pros i paid to see?, etc. (and any sport or entertainment can
ALWAYS use MORE casual fans)

for nat. events that are 4 days, i'd like to see alcohol qual.
on thurs. and fri., then eliminate on saturday; a way to keep the fans
in the seats on saturday when nitro is done qualifying, and a boost to
potential and existing alcohol sponsors.

for that matter, i'd like to see a few saturday night pro elimations as well;
sunday the natural rain day.

318 cars total?????.Hell there have been that many supercomp cars at one event before.What is NHRA thinking???

I know what the problem is, I'm not trying to get into the event. Had I been trying to get into the event, the field would have filled up before my entry date for the Combined amount of grade points we have to be able to enter all 4 cars.

That's the whole problem.

I know what the problem is, I'm not trying to get into the event. Had I been trying to get into the event, the field would have filled up before my entry date for the Combined amount of grade points we have to be able to enter all 4 cars.

That's the whole problem.

I think I can see a lucrative new career for you, Jen.

Jenn, Good One!! I used to think that when I was in S/C too LOL

Joe, you may have a point, but their "quota" is for 420 cars, they never had restrictions before, and what did they get, maybe 475 at best?

That's way off from 318, here's the numbers for the 4 sportsman classes:

Super Stock 80 50 62.5%
Stock Eliminator 80 48 60.0%
Super Comp 100 92 92.0%
Super Gas 90 62

Now, if they do even 2 rounds of S/S, Stock and S/G on Saturday, they will be down to: S/S 13 cars on sunday (6 pairs and a single)
stock 12 cars on sunday (6 pairs)
S/G 16 Cars on Sunday (8 pairs)
S/C 21 Cars On Sunday (10 pairs and a single)

Unless a huge oil down or crash (God Forbid) that's about 20, 25 minutes of racing in between 2 and 3rd round of pro's, then they hot lap every one of these competitors to eat up the time for the final round. So what do they do in between 1st and 2nd round of pros??

I just think it's interesting, no pro mod, no pro stock bike, no alky, hmmmm (or is there pro mod and I've missed the press release???)

But still,

318 cars total?????.Hell there have been that many supercomp cars at one event before.What is NHRA thinking???
They're not... they are to busy "enhancing" the Sportsman racers national event experience.

It's really "enhanced" for the racers in classes not being competed at a particular event. Especially now that NHRA's biggest reasons for the "enhancement" (time and space) don't seem to be an issue. Of course they professed the "enhancement" would mean more time trials and host of other "benefits" that never materialized.

Where they really bit it is at event where either Super Comp or Super Gas are the class not participating. Not only do they eliminate the entries of the non-competing class but they have limited the entries of the one that does because many of those are racers with cars for both categories. They end up not going if they can't run both cars.

Last edited:
Well if you figure what most Sportsman team pay in entry fees at a Natl. event, NHRA has to be taking in the Shorts here!:rolleyes: Then again, I'm not gonna rule out the Cost of Fuel as a factor either.

...Then again, I'm not gonna rule out the Cost of Fuel as a factor either.
I think you're right but maybe not in the way you think.

More and more Sportsman racers have been getting fed up with NHRA. But they still wanted to race, so they put up with all the crap. I think the skyrocketting cost of towing to and from the races was the incentive most racers needed to finally say goodridents to the whole circus of nationals events.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back