Car Count for Bristol (1 Viewer)

I can understand NHRA reason for rotating the classes(even if I disagree). Look at Houston last year, no dry pit space for sportsman racers. Every year the Sportsman racer are getting bigger and bigger rigs eating up pit space. But my take of the enhancement deal is this: I worked for a company that gave us a big picnic, prizes, and other gifts. They spent 2 hours telling us that they were going to build a bigger and better plant, big raises, and bonus every year. 2 weeks later they laid off all of us. I think NHRA will have a Pro only show more sooner than later now that Wally's gone.

Every year the Sportsman racer are getting bigger and bigger rigs eating up pit space.

Yes, the rigs are bigger but, most are carrying 2 and some 3 cars so the space is about the same. One toter and stacker with 2 cars does not take up that more space than in the old days of two pickup trucks and open trailers.

Yes, the rigs are bigger but, most are carrying 2 and some 3 cars so the space is about the same. One toter and stacker with 2 cars does not take up that more space than in the old days of two pickup trucks and open trailers.

Good point. I don't have a problem with that. As a matter of fact, when I finish my car, my friends and I might go that route(stacker trailer and toter).
Also a lot of racers will not go to a event that don't have super gas when they have a super gas car and super comp dragster.

Ours carries 4 cars, one ATV, one pit bike, one Goldwing and has two living quarters and one kitchenette, meaning that we aren't part of the mass exodus after the races are over nor are we taking up hotel rooms.

Ours carries 4 cars, one ATV, one pit bike, one Goldwing and has two living quarters and one kitchenette, meaning that we aren't part of the mass exodus after the races are over nor are we taking up hotel rooms.

That is great! Totally self contained is the way to go!

When I grow up, I wanna be just like y'all. :)
Opps grown up already, gotta play the Powerball or maybe next life time.

Maybe it's time to bring out some Jet cars and wheelie cars for between rounds. And there's always that Minnesota stalwart, snowmobiles. (Which I would gladly forgo to see some pro mods up here.)

I'd gladly do without the friggin' mosquito sounding,yawn inspiring,snowmobiles at Brainerd in exchange for ProMod anyday.I also think it'd be cool if NHRA got together a regular touring cacklefest,or booked in some of the nostalgia funny cars or fuel altereds for between rounds.

I'd like to add to the previous by saying some of the best racing I saw in 2005 was the alchy funny car line up at Brainerd.Manzo,Payne,Newberry,Chesterman,etc.The field there was actually more competitive and fun to watch than the TA/FC line up at Indy that year.

Let's really derail this thread...........
What's this?????
tracktesteriu4.jpg

I'm gonna guess that it's DSR's surface expert (Lenny ?) measuring something!
He also has a robot that is connected to one of those devices on his belt . . . which measures - I have no idea! - :D
It's not Lanny, Jim. This was Mike Guger testing the racing surface. Since this pic was taken (Atlanta), I have noticed Oswald is using one also.

Rocky Mountain Field Institute — Current Programs

so a gravel road is built. rains wash that gravel away. the gravel is replenished as needed. after a while what has been done to the natural landscape as all that gravel accumulates where it wouldn't naturally be?

I 'm sorry but I don't believe this is a fight the auto racing community should be fighting, because quite frankly it just makes us look selfish.
Pave the road and have a bicycle race to the top .

well I figure you left the other post on the hillclimb up so I replied to it.
and Whit Bazemore cycles so it's relevent. :D

Let's really derail this thread...........
What's this?????

It's pretty simple, it's a torque wrench attached to a rubber disc. They crank it on the track surface, see what the torque wrench reads as it just slips, and then compare it to other readings. I saw it at LV1, at it *wasn't* Lanny using it, but I don't remember which team it was.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back