Brady Kalivoda (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
I heard yesterday the Brady Kalivoda was going to run Top Fuel in Las Vegas. I'm not too sure who is going to drive for though.

I heard yesterday the Brady Kalivoda was going to run Top Fuel in Las Vegas. I'm not too sure who is going to drive for though.

I know who, I was sent a PM about this, but I'm not allowed to spill the beans... don't you just hate that? :p Let's just say he stole a ride from a good dude! That is all. Vegas isn't far away, so you won't have to wait long.l I won't be backing the guy!!

Mike, PM me the details.

I thought I saw Brady crewing on Bernstein's Dragster on the Houston coverage. He (or someone who looked like him) was at the top end starting the tear down of the motor after each pass.

EDIT: I just checked NHRA.com and they have him driving the COGHLAN MOTORSPORTS dragster that Troy Buff drove last year.

Maybe he had some $$ to bring to the table?

Last edited:
As absolutely terrible as I feel for Troy, especially after having met and chatting with him in Pomona last year, I am absolutely stoked for Brady. I sincerely hope Troy, like Phil Burkhart in Funny Car, among others, finds another ride soon.

I've been a Brady Kalivoda fan for quite a while & I hope the team does well...

That is great news for Brady. I have seen him drive TF and the Nostalgia Front Engine Dragster with is dad. He can drive. Hope he and the team do great.
I talked to Troy at the Joliet race last year and he seemed like a great guy.

I didn't fully think before I typed, I'm just bummed Troy is out of a ride.

I do wish Brady all the best.

the deal is this, nearly every hired gun is brought in on the understanding that they need to bring money. Very few are hired on merrit alone, but the rest not only need to be a decent driver, but have a sponsor to bring to the team. That is the way it works today.

I didn't fully think before I typed, I'm just bummed Troy is out of a ride.

I do wish Brady all the best.

Thanks for clarifying. I do wish everyone we liked could get a ride and drive, unfortunately the way business and the cost of nitro racing doesn't allow that. it's unfortunate.

Is this the T/F that had toe Volvo dealership sponsorship last year?

No mention of the sponsor he's bringing with him.

Just out of curiosity, I know what the average budget is to field a team, but on average what do most of these journeyman drivers have to bring in order to land a ride? I had heard of some drivers a few years ago getting some pretty competitive rides for only $300K or so for the year. Does anyone know roughly what it would take to buy your way into a car for say 3 or 4 races and just have some fun? :D

Just out of curiosity, I know what the average budget is to field a team, but on average what do most of these journeyman drivers have to bring in order to land a ride? I had heard of some drivers a few years ago getting some pretty competitive rides for only $300K or so for the year. Does anyone know roughly what it would take to buy your way into a car for say 3 or 4 races and just have some fun? :D

Probably the best answer would come from Paul Smith, he's the one and only guy that could handle it, if you could.
I doubt any poster here (except Jeff A.) would have a clue.

Bob

I know one team that Tim Gibson drove for, the price there from memory to do the full IHRA tour with a couple NHRA events and run around the 4.6 range was 50 to 75,000 for the season... I'll have to go try find the email, but yeah it was out of my budget haha

Funny-Jeff.....Yes that car Gibson drove was priced @ $30,000 A RACE and the car hauled to the 1/8th but could'nt stay alive to the stripe.

As much as I am bummed about the buy a ride program over there, I realize it's the real world and it's the way it is. I wish Coghlan Motorsports and Brady all the best. Still don't know why marketers don't see the tremendous potential of Troy Buff....worlds best kept promotional secret.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back