Angelle Sampey could raise some $$$$$$$$$ (1 Viewer)

Angelle can't do anything right..a few here make sure of that.

I don't blame her at all for not participating here anymore.

Congrats on the win Angelle..

nhra.com main story- click on sunday recap! all 4 were interviewed, only angelle does NOT mention eric, all she talks about is her and her brand new bike and how they will have a big party back in louisiana. sad! NO class.

nhra.com main story- click on sunday recap! all 4 were interviewed, only angelle does NOT mention eric, all she talks about is her and her brand new bike and how they will have a big party back in louisiana. sad! NO class.
If she would have mentioned Eric and started crying..you'd get on her about that, too! Never ceases to amaze me..the Angelle haters and all.

They had her on earlier in the broadcast pointing to the Medlen sticker on her motorcycle and showing her wearing one of the green Medlen bracelets.

Just FYI for those of you mentioning she didnt say anything about Eric, I dont know if she did or not but if you go to 1320 tv and watch the DSR breakfast deal she does mention Eric.

Were they green when she first put them on? :D

I agree with David. I'm not a super huge Angelle fan by any means ( I do think she's hot though!) but man, she just can't catch a break around here.

She is who she is. Accept that.

I'm pretty sure she mentioned him on the qualifying b-cast on Saturday, though... she mentioned and referenced Eric a lot through the weekend, so he was definitely on her mind... it just didn't come up in her Sunday win interview. Hey, sometimes drivers/riders forget their main sponsors in their victory intvus and that is always supposed to be top of mind... it's hard to judge people by their interviews as we will never completely know the circumstances both before and during the interviews that may shape them to say what they do.

FYI

When Frank Zappa was touring in the early 80's he would solicit women's underwear from the audience. Some artist eventually made a gigantic quilt out of all the donations.

-85% middle aged and looks it Jimmy

I have toured with enough groups in the 80's that thought that was a great idea, includig one that had a giant rolling hamper full of the stuff tossed on stage (yeah, imagine the smell...:eek: ) and one group that actually paid the extra daily labor and gear rental (50' of truss, chain motors, cable, etc.) for a "Bra and Panty" truss that flew with the lighting rig every day...
Whenever we got someone on the local crew that was a know-it-all or wouldn't shut up while we were all dealing with hangovers, the Lighting crew chief would assign him/her to the "maintenance" of that piece of gear for the day... :p

Re: public acknowledgement of Eric's tragic passing.

We all grieve differently. We all celebrate differently.

Given the degree of concentration and focus required to perform at this level, isn't it possible that ANY driver -could literally still be thinking about nothing (or their normal mantra) during the afterglow of a given race?

Frankly, one of the things that bothered me was ESPN shoving the camera in everyone's face to elicit a heartfelt response. It became the story line that every feature had to conform to.

IMHO: it was maudlin and almost bordered on pandering.

Celebrate Eric's life and make the sport safer.

Angelle is one of the most sincere people you will ever meet. People can say what they want on here, but you have no idea who or how she really is. She is a great person and she had Eric on her mind all weekend, just as everyone else did.

It seems to me that a lot of you guys do a lot of bashing around here, especially on females (Angelle, Ashley, Erica). These girls kick ass on and off the track. They are for real and will be around for a long time. A lesson I learned a long time ago is don't judge a book by its cover, maybe some of you should do the same!!!

Angelle is one of the most sincere people you will ever meet. People can say what they want on here, but you have no idea who or how she really is. She is a great person and she had Eric on her mind all weekend, just as everyone else did.

It seems to me that a lot of you guys do a lot of bashing around here, especially on females (Angelle, Ashley, Erica). These girls kick ass on and off the track. They are for real and will be around for a long time. A lesson I learned a long time ago is don't judge a book by its cover, maybe some of you should do the same!!!

Well said. It sure seems the females receive a lot harsher scrutiny here than the male drivers. Angelle will go down in history as not only one of the best female drag racers in history but one of the best drag racers period. Her impact on racing and especially the PSB class is immeasurable.

Frankly, one of the things that bothered me was ESPN shoving the camera in everyone's face to elicit a heartfelt response. It became the story line that every feature had to conform to.

IMHO: it was maudlin and almost bordered on pandering.

Jim, I am glad I am not the only one who thought this way.

Well said. It sure seems the females receive a lot harsher scrutiny here than the male drivers. Angelle will go down in history as not only one of the best female drag racers in history but one of the best drag racers period. Her impact on racing and especially the PSB class is immeasurable.

I enjoyed her remark about winning a few more races so she "could be the winningest rider of all time - 'and get rid of that GIRLY THING'"

You go girl!

PS: Someone please post when ah. err, you know, those "things" are on e-bay<G>. (I am NOT a perve - Them's historic memorabilia! Yeah, that's the ticket! ):D

I couldn't agree more.

The mentality is like a bunch of chauvanistic, no changing, stuck in their ways, women belong in the kitchen, grumpy old men for the most part. Import Racers get the same wrath around here too if you haven't noticed. It has to be "Old School" or no school. And Angelle did mention Eric during her weekend's interviews, so what if she didn't mention him during her winning interview, that does not make her classless. Jason Line didn't dedicate his whole race day to Eric either. Have you ever thought that Eric was alot closer to the fuel guys???

Lets be honest some of you will just bash her no matter what she does or doesn't do. Personally I just think some of ya'll are jealous that she has more stones than you do to ride that bike.:p Either that or its just envy that she has the opportunity and you don't.

Either way its kinda sad. She's a great rider. One of the best ever on a bike and creeping her way up the list of great regardless of class.

I do find it interesting that some of you that complain about her tears are also ones that complain that all the interviews are so robotic and boring. Here's someone that wears her heart on her sleeve and gets ripped for it. Make up your mind.

Keep winning Angelle and keep these boys crying:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back