Albuquerque (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
I didn't want to derail the other thread...

You were in Albuq. and you didn't say Hi?

Um, no. Sorry. :eek::eek: It wasn't until my 6 hour drive home that I did the introspection/self evaluation thingy... long story that I won't bore everyone with:rolleyes:... but it basically comes down to I finally came out of a type of hibernation.

There is a lot of time to think about things while driving if one wants to...

I will however go terrorize you on my next visit (I should be going at the end of August if not sooner) if you aren't off to the races! San Juan still or print shop? Feel free to PM me.

The family is also planning on Christmas in Albuquerque - so we can all spoil my niece rotten... show her the lights and luminarias & stuff since she is an age that will leave her in wonder and magic. :D Although, that may change since my brother just got married & may have moved his wife to Virginia by then... Brother's man... mine is still a geek. But I love him.

Hey G... If driving and thinking are your past times, make your way west at some point and cross the border!! Tucson is kinda on the way, and I'll take you to McGraw's for a great steak and the best view in town.. Heck, if the timing is right, we could try and get Reinhart to join us up there!! Bench racing at its finest! :D

Hey Martin! You're on! I had been doing a lot less driving in the past 3-4 years than I had but made myself a promise to make up for a not so fun birthday this year. I am going to be doing more traveling! Tucson was beautiful country last time I was through & would be glad to head west again.

Its a deal- home for me will be few and far between this year, but I'll PM you when I've got more than a few hours at mi casa and we'll see if the planets align :)

Hey Joe,

Don't know if you caught my post on the other thread but if you are hanging around downtown Albuquerque next Sunday or Monday come on over to the convention center and say Hi. I'll be there bowling in the USBC National Tournament, Sunday at 2:30 and Monday at 11:30.

Murdock.

Hey Joe,

Don't know if you caught my post on the other thread but if you are hanging around downtown Albuquerque next Sunday or Monday come on over to the convention center and say Hi. I'll be there bowling in the USBC National Tournament, Sunday at 2:30 and Monday at 11:30.

Murdock.

Wow David, cool deal. I wish they still had the ABC regional at Leisure Bowl like they used to. That was 1/2 mile from the house!

They actually kicked them out when conventions started pulling out.

I can't imagine why, I mean, what memories you could get in 'Burque! You can see the gay naked homeless man in front of UNM or on late night public access or you could visit the truck stops and see the leopard printed leotard wearing trucker complain about his wallet being stolen by a hooker.

Oh, and you can get the "Excuse my beauty tranny"

YouTube - Excuse My Beauty

Bowling at the convention center? The one downtown?

Hi Jenn,

Yes, they set up 48 lanes in the convention center and bowl from 7:00 AM until around 2:00 AM the next morning, 7 days a week. I was there when the tournament was in ABQ in 2000, but didn't bowl. Just went to the ABC convention. No convention this year, just bowling and spending the rest of the week with my bud in Socorro. Stop in if you get a chance!

Murdock.

Every time I think about something except where I am at and where I'm going I end up missing a turn!
Of course I like country roads better than the Interstates because of the people and the scenery.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back