Zizzo Racing patriarch makes summer appearances (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. (July 27, 2009) -- Tony Zizzo, father of NHRA Top Fuel Driver T.J. Zizzo and patriarch of the Zizzo Racing Team will make several appearances this summer. Not as team owner - but as driver.

Zizzo, Sr. brought his passion for drag racing to his family when he piloted his Top Alcohol Dragster, the same dragster that T.J. began his racing career with at the age of 16. "I've always enjoyed driving in Top Alcohol Dragster," Tony said. "I talked to the crew and we decided to bring me and the dragster out of retirement." Zizzo, Sr. will race his dragster at 'da Grove' - Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, WI.

Tony's dragster appearances will be a warm up for his runs at the world-famous Bonneville Salt Flats. Zizzo, Sr. will join friend and former team member Ted Gledhill when he takes the wheel of Gledhill's 300 mph AA Lakester for licensing passes. Tony is scheduled to be in Bonneville the second week of August.

"I'm pretty excited about driving on the Bonneville Salt Flats," Zizzo, Sr. said. "Plus, when you're in the neighborhood, you have to take the Harley on a trip to Sturgis."

Summer 2009 also looks like it will be the summer that has been 15 years in the making. After several test laps took their toll's on neighboring mailboxes, Tony will debut his street car at the race track - a blown and injected alcohol Willy's. "We've had a lot of fun putting this car together," Zizzo, Sr. said. "I can't wait to see what it will do on the drag strip. Mailboxes may be safe on our street again."

Tony Zizzo will reassume his position as team owner of the PEAK / HERCULINER / O'Reilly Top Fuel Dragster later this summer when son T.J. and Zizzo Racing rejoin the NHRA series for the MAC Tools U.S. Nationals September 2-7 at O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis.

About Old World Industries
PEAK® Antifreeze is marketed and distributed by Old World Industries, which is among the largest privately-held companies competing in the automotive aftermarket. The Northbrook, Illinois-based company enjoys a presence in the automotive product markets, energy exploration, and chemical manufacturing in more than 50 countries worldwide. Old World's other brands include HERCULINER® Truck Bed Liner Kits; PEAK® Windshield Wash and Wiper Blades; PEAK® Performance Motor Oil; a full line of PEAK® Electronics; SIERRA®, the safer antifreeze; and SplitFire® Spark Plugs.

The Zizzo Racing Team proudly represents PEAK® Antifreeze & Motor Oil, O'Reilly Auto Parts, HERCULINER® Truck Bed Liners, HTP America and Champion Packaging.

To learn more about Zizzo Racing visit: Zizzo Racing

Photo © Roger Richards - used with permission

Attachments

• 1001935.jpg
    1001935.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back