Yates last event (1 Viewer)

Part of the problem is NHRA gets the money from Sponsors to cover thier costs and makes it hard for teams to tap the same money stream. If I am paying for a piece of the show why do I want to pay for a single player.

The question is how come a company like WAl-Mart doesn't do more in auto racing. They have killed many companies that were racer friendly. Race cars don't run on fuel, they run on dollars.

Jim's a good guy and "SHOULD" be able to get something going. He is a 2 time champ. But he is not 18 or female and thats what NASCAR has done to all racing. If you are 24 and not on a top teams program you are to old.
Why would any company that does not need to spend money on advertising do so on a sport that nobody watches? If NHRA didn't pay ESPN to show the races, there would be no sponsorships at all most likely.

Why would any company that does not need to spend money on advertising do so on a sport that nobody watches? If NHRA didn't pay ESPN to show the races, there would be no sponsorships at all most likely.
And there lies a major problem. Of coarse, it could be worse. Just check out IHRA'S t.v. times:rolleyes: .

Funny thing this past weekend at the IHRA race in Rockingham... i ran into a couple old PR buddies... from my Cup and Busch days.... they currently rep some of the big sponsors in the NHRA... i asked them what they were doing here.. and i qoute..." We looking at options where the company is wanted and welcome.... not just their check books"...

i got a feeling some interesting things are about to happen...

Billy

You'd have to ask Ken Black to know for sure what it takes to run up front? I suspect he'll be reluctant to divulge his investment.
as would mr. schumacher and mr. force in their respective classes.

also hope that jim yates can find a way to stay out there.

Hey Billy, were these guys there for that amazing daytime qualifying round Saturday? If they were, they probably ran to their cars. The Fuel cars were pitiful. Six funny cars, and none made it through under power. Eight diggers, and, if I recall correctly,only Cannon went down at a blistering 4.90 et. Quite a show.:rolleyes:

Even more reason to thank the Multi-millionaires in this sport like Evan Knoll, Connie Kalitta, Don Schumacher, Forrest Lucas, Ken Black and others who spend Unbelievable amounts of $$$ on this sport!:rolleyes:

Even more reason to thank the Multi-millionaires in this sport like Evan Knoll, Connie Kalitta, Don Schumacher, Forrest Lucas, Ken Black and others who spend Unbelievable amounts of $$$ on this sport!:rolleyes:
There's Evan Knoll, Forest Lucas and then everyone else...

Those 2 are in a class all their own when it comes to support of drag racing. <--note the period!

It seems to me that Winston was a great sponsor of the sport. Not only the series sponsor but even sponsoring Scelzi and Bazemore at one point. Come on Powerade/Coca Cola, cough up some more dough.

More than Drag Racing pay to be on TV and my point about Wal-Mart and others is they have crushed more companies than I care to count that were more racing friendly. Now we have all the big and little dogs drinking from a much smaller water bowl becuase of companies like Wal-Mart. It is all about supply and demand. Nascar is starting to lose its following. If you look more and more teams are having problems with $$$'s and head count at some races are down. The aveage family of 4 can't afford tickets, travel and food for a weekend. The demo's on NASCAR is the aveage fan will spend $245.00 on race day. That number is a little old but it includes the ticket, parking, food & drinks and the all important t-shirt or other item. Throw 2.90 a gallon for gas and a family of 4 is spending $1000.00 dollars for a NASCAR race. That "Tony Stewart" says is rigged with all the late yellows for junk on the track.
So with all this said. What to do. SUPPORT the poeple that support your sport and help others see that they can get a good deal for there money here.
Just my 2 1/2 cents:)

Hey Billy, were these guys there for that amazing daytime qualifying round Saturday? If they were, they probably ran to their cars. The Fuel cars were pitiful. Six funny cars, and none made it through under power. Eight diggers, and, if I recall correctly,only Cannon went down at a blistering 4.90 et. Quite a show.:rolleyes:

Actualy they were there for 4 days... And there is lot alot more to it that blistering times to them and the companies they represented... they watched the fans... the IHRA's officials.. and the way the two intertwined....

like i said stay tuned.. it could get interesting....;)

Billy

Billy, I'm not bashing IHRA, I grew up going to their races. But how long will the fans put up with performances like Saturday afternoon? Maybe they don't care. Maybe they will, eventually. Maybe IHRA needs to switch to all evening sessions for qualifying and elims. I know I would love it. Would also like to see them go back to Darlington. But, we will be back to the Rock in October.

I believe that a strong business to business effort needs to be undertaken by the NHRA. I mean, for example, that Powerade's parent, Coca-Cola, could undertake to engage in some joint marketing effort with one of the many restaurant chains that use Coke products, exclusively.
We have seen this kind of thing when a team honors a particular sponsor or product which is not a major sponsor. I believe, CSK did this with a particular brand of parts supplied by one of the companies whose products they sell. Another example would be the combination at Kalitta Motorsports which put DHL on Scott's car and which, I believe, grew out of an existing business relationship with Kalitta Air.
These deals don't have to take the form of major sponsorships of individual teams. Special sponsorships like the Full Throttle Pit Crew Championship and the Budweiser Shootout demonstrate ways in which a sponsor can contribute.
Imagine how much stronger the LODRS series would be if a major fast food chain would become the "presenting sponsor" and assist by publicizing the events in each community.
We will also do well if we remember to give the sponsor more than they paid for. Many of us who post here are racers in our own right and have sponsors for whom we try to return big rewards even when their contribution is relatively small. We are a dedicated bunch and the Pros that I know are, as well.
I'm not here to defend Wal-Mart, but they put no one out of business - their customers did!
The sponsors and the fans are our customers.
Cheers,
Ed

Yay Yates is good through AT LEAST Bristol!!!! Sweet I'll have to stop by in Bristol and say hey!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back